Shrimp ate my clove polyps

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't of believe dit if I hadn't caught her doing it. Has this happened before? Hasn't messed with anything else. Could the cloves have been dying/dead so it ripped them off the rock?

Got them 3 days ago they were a freebie with the order, they didn't look great when they came in but I was starting to see some of the flowery heads start to peak out on the really brown parts.

Im not even mad I was cracking up. I turned in the living room light to the shrimp flash jumping off the cloves bringing a tangle with it, it looked so guilty haha.

Screenshot_20201009-205249_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what shrimp do.....
Is it? I thiught cleaner shrimps cleaned not ate clove fresh off the rock lolol. I wish I had videoed it. The shrimp even avoided me when I turned the light on to see what it had like it knew and was guilty I was cracking up

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it? I thiught cleaner shrimps cleaned not ate clove fresh off the rock lolol. I wish I had videoed it. The shrimp even avoided me when I turned the light on to see what it had like it knew and was guilty I was cracking up
They are opportunistic...will tear apart nems and lps to steal thier food as well .

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the shrimp was my second inhabitant after my clown, i dont have any other live stock besides coral, never had a problem with the irritation before. I feed it and the clown 2 times daily , will just keep an eye on my scoly, dendro, and acans!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back