Shrinking bta tenticles

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do thanks a ton @Amoo I will keep everyone posted on this little guy

I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer homie. Sometimes they just take time to settle and the longer they take the worse they look when they finally do.

The only suggestion I would make would be to put some pantyhose on your powerheads until you're absolutely sure it's done moving. Nem soufflé isn't exactly as great as it might sound.

OP
OP
Somuchflo99

Somuchflo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1E144ABF-54B4-432E-8D81-ED095A1A2B75.jpeg

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on PAR readings of the A80 I would suggest that it is not getting enough light. It will take awhile for a coral/anemone to wither away from lack of light intensity. We sell those lights at my work and they are cool for little picos filled with mushrooms and zoas, but Bubble Tip Anemones are high light animals.

OP
OP
Somuchflo99

Somuchflo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do to supplement lac of light or any diy ideas I don’t have a lump sum for lighting at the moment

gadwall72

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following.
I have a BTA in my a DT (about 6 weeks). It initially found a home in a crevice in the rock about midway in the tank. It looked great for a couple of days, then started acting as the OP's. It has since moved to the back of the rock, a little higher in the tank and does not expand at all. When I try to feed it, the general response is to recede. I have just upgraded my light to a Reef Breeders Photon48- V2. The fixture has been on the tank for about 3 weeks now and I have been running it at the manufacturer's suggestion of 30% intensity for acclimation. I will begin to increase intensity next week when I get back from a short vacation. My current water parameters are:

SG = 1.026
Temp = 78
Ammonia = 0.0
Nitrite = 0.0
Nitrate = 5 ppm
pH = 8.2

I feed LRS Fish Frenzy and hold out some of the meatier chunks to feed the BTA. The other inhabitants of the take are a pair of Spotcinctus clowns, a starry blenny, an orchid dottyback, a bangai cardinal and 2 types of zoanthids (one frag with 1 polyp and one with 8-10 polyps). The Zoas and BTA are on opposite sides of the tank, so I don't think there is an issue there. My clowns have not paid a bit of attention to the BTA as of yet either.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back