OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey LRT what is the name of this one? Is it a hairy mushroom? I have a momma that has split a few times and now her babies are splitting too. The family of them is staying close together and not wandering so I guess that's good?

Copy.jpg
Hey Salty thats Jason Fox Minecraft:)
I believe its a St Thomas.
Yes the babies will typically stay in general area of mom but make sure they have enough room around them to wander and grow:D

Last edited:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Salty thats Jason Fox Minecraft:)
I believe its a St Thomas.
Yes the babies will typically stay in general area of mom but make sure they have enough room around them to wander and grow:D
Thanks! They do get huge! Mom has moved off to the side a bit and is spreading out again... think she maybe getting ready to split again.

Luna Lagoona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Luna thanks for the kind words. From old system to now its been a super steady shroom only build trying to get kinks worked out and dialed in to meet quite a few of my premadonna shrooms needs lol.
Here's what I mean about placement.
When I got my Og godzilla it was on a frag plug. I took frag plug and glued it to disc so its sitting up instead of laying flat like here.

Over time they naturally want to climb down to lay flat especially if you get them room to do that around them. Over time she's probably dropped me 7 or 8 babies while she walked down the plug onto disc and finally onto tile like shown here.

This technique has worked for all the shrooms ive tried it with

And yes I dont like to cut shrooms in half. In my experience most shroom are super susceptible to pathogens and my success rate after year 3 has been about 2 out of 15 shrooms honestly.
That being said I look around the feet for little pieces of foot stretching away from base of stem like a little booger with a empirical cord attached. I just cut the cord and break the little booger off and thats what ive seen the most of with Discos. You don't want to damage the base though.
Also you may see a little piece of foot that looks webbed out around the base. These are just natural babies your cutting off and will speed up the process with them turning into mini shrooms lol.
Here's a piece of webbing I'm trying to describe.

Just cut it at base of stem and remove it from mom and should end up with a nice little baby in no time.

I have a foot booger thread in mushroom forum showing progress on some booger ill go grab a link:)
Here's that link:)
I really appreciate you sharing all this info! I am sure this technique was hard-earned! I will give it a go and see how things go perhaps! A lot of my shrooms are already not sitting flat but I hadn't noticed it leaving babies along its foot.

Super cool though and definitely something I will work at doing (at least once) just to say I was able to pull off the "LRT method."

Which if it wasn't a thing before is now, and I can't wait for people to wonder years from now what LRT stands for in the LRT propagation method hahah

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate you sharing all this info! I am sure this technique was hard-earned! I will give it a go and see how things go perhaps! A lot of my shrooms are already not sitting flat but I hadn't noticed it leaving babies along its foot.

Super cool though and definitely something I will work at doing (at least once) just to say I was able to pull off the "LRT method."

Which if it wasn't a thing before is now, and I can't wait for people to wonder years from now what LRT stands for in the LRT propagation method hahah
Be careful in what circles you mention the "LRT method".. there may still be some jurisdictions looking for us!

@Reefing_addiction @F i s h y @Smirkish

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you I wanted to take credit and leave this up as long as I could before the OG's popped in but I better clean it up now and just say I kinda "adopted" these techniques from a bunch of folks here and fine tuned them for me lol:D
Thanks! They do get huge! Mom has moved off to the side a bit and is spreading out again... think she maybe getting ready to split again.
You Brave Salty. On a real note Minecraft is 1 of 2 shrooms I have that actively searches and seeks out other shrooms TO EAT around her. St Thomas can be nasty lol

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its about to get crazy in here with those @SBB Corals shrooms:) For real though lol! No idea where to put them

20220323_165717.jpg
20220323_165711.jpg
20220323_165645.jpg
20220323_165605.jpg
If you need to make room I can take some of those crunchy corals off your hands...

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrooms on top of shrooms :) very nice Collection!
Thank you Shane:D I have nothing here even remotely close to what im getting ready to recieve from you guys. Super stoked for the rainbow yumas man its something I've been needing for a minute! Just gotta make room now lol
You know the if you bite into them they crunch... ;)

20220323_165605.jpg
Hahaha Yes bro. Those crunchies will make there way back. I got that other low par loving Green Goblin thats doing pretty good for me too. I'll make sure a few nubs of that get around too:D

On Edit: I forgot about the Monti in front of green goblin:) Already have a nice nub that broke off when I received it!
20220324_073321.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer
Simon do you post edit your pix?
All I did here was slide the brightness bar up a little:D
20220323_183455.jpg

Always the two same sliders. highlights all the way down and contrast up, brightness adjusted to get the levels correct.

Edit, I just took this which is just before the whites ramp down, adjusted as above, less than a minute, this is what I see.

DSC_0001 (2) (1024x683).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always the two same sliders. highlights all the way down and contrast up, brightness adjusted to get the levels correct.
I'll have to look at the sliders again to see if I have one labeled highlight. Only thing I've ever messed with is contrast and brightness. That last picture of mine just needed a little brightness added. Gets pretty darn close to what im seeing. Gonna try it with no color lenses later!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Edit, I just took this which is just before the whites ramp down, adjusted as above, less than a minute, this is what I see.

DSC_0001 (2) (1024x683).jpg
I missed the edit! Yes im going to give it a try later. Hopefully I can get a few to focus with no color filters. If so all I really need to do is brighten them up a little:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back