OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its official. Seneye PH not reliable. Who knows what its been reading until this morning. Changed slide and reading .2 higher than 2 different lfs tests.
Nitrates barely detectable. Phosphates not detectable.
Time to start feeding tank alot more.
Have rest of this month and next month to watch ammonia to see if I get any movement(if that's even accurate) but needless to say I won't be getting more anymore seneye slides anytime soon.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its official. Seneye PH not reliable. Who knows what its been reading until this morning. Changed slide and reading .2 higher than 2 different lfs tests.
Nitrates barely detectable. Phosphates not detectable.
Time to start feeding tank alot more.
Have rest of this month and next month to watch ammonia to see if I get any movement(if that's even accurate) but needless to say I won't be getting more anymore seneye slides anytime soon.
I would think you could still use it to track consistency right? That was my thought with it. Even if it's 0.4 off, you should be able to track the same trend one way or the other. Maybe?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think you could still use it to track consistency right? That was my thought with it. Even if it's 0.4 off, you should be able to track the same trend one way or the other. Maybe?
Yes it could be used like that. I think checking it to pinpoint and trimming it daily or whenever it needed to be trimmed would be best way. However if trim for PH is as inaccurate as trim for temp then I see no bother honestly.
I have 2 temp probes in my sump. Seneye being the 3rd. Both my other temp probes stay on point super close to one another. Seneye temp on the other hand has to be trimmed constantly to maintain what the others are reading so id say its not even really good for temp probe as it fluctuates a degree one way or other throughout the day.
Par meter is all im going to use seneye for from here. I did check mine to apogee and it is give or take 15 par across the board.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it could be used like that. I think checking it to pinpoint and trimming it daily or whenever it needed to be trimmed would be best way. However if trim for PH is as inaccurate as trim for temp then I see no bother honestly.
I have 2 temp probes in my sump. Seneye being the 3rd. Both my other temp probes stay on point super close to one another. Seneye temp on the other hand has to be trimmed constantly to maintain what the others are reading so id say its not even really good for temp probe as it fluctuates a degree one way or other throughout the day.
Par meter is all im going to use seneye for from here. I did check mine to apogee and it is give or take 15 par across the board.
I've been watching the temp compared to the other 2 things reading temp in my tank. All 3 have wildly different values (2 are in the sump, one in display) but they seem to fluctuate consistently. So there's that lol

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching the temp compared to the other 2 things reading temp in my tank. All 3 have wildly different values (2 are in the sump, one in display) but they seem to fluctuate consistently. So there's that lol
Lol I wonder what kind of fluctuation id see with seneye up top in tank. I am banning myself from traveling down that rabbit hole haha. Man! I'm trying to not get too crazy with it. Honestly not chasing numbers only ever ran into issues with that. I'm looking for consistency and thats it. Stability is key. I think as long as PH and Alk are locked in and rest of params are in range is best.
Going to start feeding tank heavier. May have to dose Nitrates though this time I have 3 different kits to cross refference Nitrates to now after my OD session with it last year haha.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update i wanted recorded here.
Since swap ive put my fixture on a more natural sun up to sun down schedule.
Not much of a difference honestly. Just instead of 8 solid peak hours.
I changed it to ramp to 9am, 9am - 3pm ramp to peak, 3pm to 6pm and ramp down to 8.
Also started throwing more reds, greens and whites in during peak hours.
My lamp was already dialed on the blue side with brs reccomended schedule.
Funny thing thats happened is since I started throwing more whites, reds and greens all my bounces started bouncing more than I've ever seen. And a cpl shrooms that have never bounced look like they are going to now.
Peak
Screenshot_20210628-103707_Wyze.jpg

Ramp up
Screenshot_20210628-081945_Wyze.jpg

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a Polyplab Coralview lens for your phone pics.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update i wanted recorded here.
Since swap ive put my fixture on a more natural sun up to sun down schedule.
Not much of a difference honestly. Just instead of 8 solid peak hours.
I changed it to ramp to 9am, 9am - 3pm ramp to peak, 3pm to 6pm and ramp down to 8.
Also started throwing more reds, greens and whites in during peak hours.
My lamp was already dialed on the blue side with brs reccomended schedule.
Funny thing thats happened is since I started throwing more whites, reds and greens all my bounces started bouncing more than I've ever seen. And a cpl shrooms that have never bounced look like they are going to now.
Peak
Screenshot_20210628-103707_Wyze.jpg

Ramp up
Screenshot_20210628-081945_Wyze.jpg

I know people get technical about what spectrum does what, my Pacific sun runs red and green in the led supplement, I looked at an led upgrade a while back but they took the red diodes out so not happening.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a Polyplab Coralview lens for your phone pics.
Yeah i need to figure pictures out in this new tank for sure. Believe it or not its really bothering me not being able to photograph and see them how im used to seeing them. May sell this camera I have and get one with view screen so I can go crazy with it.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people get technical about what spectrum does what, my Pacific sun runs red and green in the led supplement, I looked at an led upgrade a while back but they took the red diodes out so not happening.
Ive always ran my light with a more balanced spectrum look in person. Ive been fiddling with it considerably this past year. I think brs got it correct. My shrooms love it. But they have def appreciated me throwing more of the full spectrum into play. I think just like the blues the rest of spectrum has to be there at some point for general overall health of our corals.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the reefing art lens kit coming today. Not sure why but when I take a picture it looks great in my gallery but when I upload its distorted, fuzzy and blued out.
20210628_182751.jpg
20210628_194400.jpg
20210628_194517.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to help but I don't use my phone camera, are there any pro settings you can access?
Yessir ive been taking lazy man out route lately with all settings on auto pilot. Depending on spectrum it gets close but the game has totally changed in deeper water looking through glass.
Hoping I can find a good combination with new phone cam lenses and ill get serious about correcting color from there. Right now its all wonky through the looking glass haha

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys. Recieved the clip on lens for my phone today. Just playing around a little but was able to get a cpl good ones. In mad dash trying to prepare for 4 day mini vacation and get things buttoned up so I can leave and trust it! Craziness man
Oh yeah @tjohnson3 we talk about alot of shrooms in here. Feel free to spam away as well. The more the better. Do have some questions I wanted to pick your brain about eventually!
20210629_184953.jpg
20210629_184853.jpg
20210629_184837.jpg
20210629_184730.jpg
20210629_184402.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright quick update here before we dip out for our mini vacation.
Great news is everything is settling in nicely. Alk usage went from 9.8 day before to 8.9 yesterday same time.
Bad news is my 30 yr old Virgin son in law is house sitting and can't trust he will be able to do anything while I'm gone. In fact I'd rather seal room up and keep him out of it. I'm preparing daily portions of food while im gone. I do want to feed tank as Nitrates and Phosphates where not detectable few days ago and don't want params to bottom out. Really am going to need to set this up on doser. No getting around it for vacations. And wife is making me do vacations now haha.

Real question here and looking for feedback. @fishguy242 @Eagle_Steve
Do you think it would hurt bumping my alk closer to 11 before I leave? I could mini dose tonight and again before I leave in the morning if I have to. Or should I just leave it? I feel bumping it now will be easier to get back inline as opposed to playing catch up when I get back. Idk though gone for 4 days

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol...i think yes no problem, i think 11.4 would be tops imo.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright quick update here before we dip out for our mini vacation.
Great news is everything is settling in nicely. Alk usage went from 9.8 day before to 8.9 yesterday same time.
Bad news is my 30 yr old Virgin son in law is house sitting and can't trust he will be able to do anything while I'm gone. In fact I'd rather seal room up and keep him out of it. I'm preparing daily portions of food while im gone. I do want to feed tank as Nitrates and Phosphates where not detectable few days ago and don't want params to bottom out. Really am going to need to set this up on doser. No getting around it for vacations. And wife is making me do vacations now haha.

Real question here and looking for feedback. @fishguy242 @Eagle_Steve
Do you think it would hurt bumping my alk closer to 11 before I leave? I could mini dose tonight and again before I leave in the morning if I have to. Or should I just leave it? I feel bumping it now will be easier to get back inline as opposed to playing catch up when I get back. Idk though gone for 4 days
If you know your consumption and do not raise more than 1 dkh a day and that raise will sustain it, go for it. I do that before every trip. Bump my all and calcium up a little, turn doser down a little and only have enough alk and calcium in the dosing container for the days I am gone. This prevents overdose is doser goes nuts, give some buffer if doser dies and doesn’t hurt a thing. Most time alk and calcium are a hair low when I get back, but still well in the safe zone.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on thanks dudes. I'm getting anywhere from .5- 1 dkh usage daily hovering between 9 and 10.
Yesterday was first day i seen a whole point used. Ill check today at same time and bump it a little. Check before I leave tomorrow and bump it a little more if need be. Im probably talking .5 -1.5 bump. In next 24 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back