Shy Blood Shrimp

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 6 days ago I bought a blood red fire shrimp, acclimated it for 90 minutes and added it to my display (I didn't QT as it had been at my LFS for a month showing no problems and was eating well) Its eating when I feed the tank and found itself a cave that it never strays a inch from. Does anyone know if this is normal and if it will come out more in future or how to encourage it to explore the tank?
no other shrimp or aggressive fish

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool thank you. Also I submitted my build to reef 365 any idea how long it takes to process and do I know if I fail or get tagged in the 365 thread?
It's a drawing, everyone has a fair chance to be picked :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooohhhh so its not a day be day thing, you somehow pool all the people that have submitted there tank and not gotten the award and select a winner randomly?
Correct

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool but how come when I search for the threads for winners there is only one every few weeks not daily?
Unfortunately I try to get to it every day, but life gets in the way. We recently moved into a new home, and that's been occupying much of my time between moving, setting up my brand new tank, and right now I'm crawling around in my attic trying to install recessed lighting in my living room :D lol literally, right now
20190618_215646.jpg

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I try to get to it every day, but life gets in the way. We recently moved into a new home, and that's been occupying much of my time between moving, setting up my brand new tank, and right now I'm crawling around in my attic trying to install recessed lighting in my living room :D lol literally, right now
20190618_215646.jpg
nice! Good luck

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back