Sicce Return Pump Selection

They can be found.

Screenshot_20221118_122956_Chrome.jpg

That should have said at different power settings.
 
Always go big if you have space in the sump! That way you could add other equipment such as chiller, reactor,etc...if needed.
I am running SDC 9.0 at 57% on 110gal tank.
 
7.0 is plenty. I run 2 of them at like 30% on my 250. They’re fantastic pumps
 
I use a 7.0 downstairs in my 150g Rubbermaid sump for my IM ext 150 and I used it since the sdc came out couple years ago. No issues, been fantastic pump.
 
I am in the process of putting together an Innovative Marine 170 EXT with a Trigger Systems CR44 Sump. I plan to buy a Sicce SDC return pump for Black Friday but I’m not sure of which one to buy. Does anyone have experience with the 7.0 SDC or the 9.0 SDC?
What did you decide?
 
Was that primarily because of the Apex? I ask because I picked up the SDC 9.0 for my 180g restart and have found myself wondering if I should have looked at something else. Reviews, as you mentioned, are a bit older.
 
Was that primarily because of the Apex? I ask because I picked up the SDC 9.0 for my 180g restart and have found myself wondering if I should have looked at something else. Reviews, as you mentioned, are a bit older.
Yes, it was mainly for the compatibility of the apex. I liked the idea of having control all in one place and although I have not set it up yet, I’m hoping it will save me a power brick as well by connecting direct to the apex. Sicce would have been my next option, especially since they were on such a great deal for Black Friday!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new