SICCE SDC WiFi problem

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SDC 9 was connected problem free for about ten weeks. It disconnected today, and I’ve tried rebooting both it and the WiFi. I can’t get it to generate a WiFi point, and the app won’t allow attempted log ins (network error) or a password reset (oops, try again later). Is something wrong on SICCE’s end? Anyone know how to reconnect this thing?

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SDC 9 was connected problem free for about ten weeks. It disconnected today, and I’ve tried rebooting both it and the WiFi. I can’t get it to generate a WiFi point, and the app won’t allow attempted log ins (network error) or a password reset (oops, try again later). Is something wrong on SICCE’s end? Anyone know how to reconnect this thing?
Have you tried to get a hold of Sicce USA ?
Usually they are pretty good.

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to get a hold of Sicce USA ?
Usually they are pretty good.
I am having the same problem as well. Looks like there is something wrong on Sicce's end. i tried resetting the controller and nothing helps. Running the pump in manual mode (without wifi).

OP
OP
Brian1f1

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do need mine... basement sump... use it for feedings two to three times per day. I think the app might be down, but I don’t know how to tell. If anybody using it could check for me, I’d appreciate it.

OP
OP
Brian1f1

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, I’m pretty sure it was SICCE’s server. Not knowing this caused me to factory reset everything, which was dumb. When I get home, I’ll see if I can get it back up, but I can get on the app now...

So.... moral of the story, for anybody out there who lands on this looking for help with the SICCE SDC app... if the app won’t let you log in, it doesn’t necessarily mean there is anything wrong with the pump... Sadly, it seems you can’t control the pump via WiFi locally at all. If their server is down, your down, and unless you know it’s not that, don’t go tearing everything apart and wasting your (and generous forum member’s) time...

farosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, I’m pretty sure it was SICCE’s server. Not knowing this caused me to factory reset everything, which was dumb. When I get home, I’ll see if I can get it back up, but I can get on the app now...

So.... moral of the story, for anybody out there who lands on this looking for help with the SICCE SDC app... if the app won’t let you log in, it doesn’t necessarily mean there is anything wrong with the pump... Sadly, it seems you can’t control the pump via WiFi locally at all. If their server is down, your down, and unless you know it’s not that, don’t go tearing everything apart and wasting your (and generous forum member’s) time...

How long did it take for their server to get back up and running from the time it lost connection?

I set one of their pumps up a few weeks ago and it was working perfectly until today when I went to check the app and it says "disconnected".

The pump is still running and on my wifi app I see that it's still connected to the WiFi so I'm guessing their server is down. Wondering how long it'll take for them to get back up and running.

Brian Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an SDC 6.0. It is by far the most disappointing and frustrating piece of equipment on my tank. Cant access WIFI and the pump doesn't start after powering off.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an SDC 6.0. It is by far the most disappointing and frustrating piece of equipment on my tank. Cant access WIFI and the pump doesn't start after powering off.
If you put your hand on the pump while it’s running do you get vibration?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine both works great with the app, and DEFINITELY starts after powering it off. I power it completely off at least once daily via apex to feed my tank. It always resumes correctly (on the same mode) when power returns.

I would suggest you contact the USA support channel. Maybe the controller is defective, or needs a factory reset. 5 year warranty means you will be taken care of- they don’t offer just a 1 year warranty like other manufacturers.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting! When I had my hand on one when I was at MACNA it had quite a bit of vibration. The rep told me that’s how they operate.
Was it hard plumbed directly to PVC? I always use a section of tubing to prevent vibrations from being transferred into the plumbing.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My SDC 6.0 doesn’t have any issues with WiFi or starting up, but it’s louder than I thought it would be. Not loud by any stretch, if it had replaced my old AC pump I would have thought it was pretty quiet, but compared to the Jebao DCP series pump it replaced it has a very noticeable hum. The DCP was basically inaudible. This is with silicone tubing sitting on a silicone mat.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it hard plumbed directly to PVC? I always use a section of tubing to prevent vibrations from being transferred into the plumbing.
I was not plumbed to anything as it was in a tub of water on its own

Oepaiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I just bought my syncra sdc and cant connect to the wifi sicce(xx) in order to set it up in the app did someone got it to work?

696D7845-9045-40E1-B54A-2E16AF9741AC.jpeg

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone!
I just bought my syncra sdc and cant connect to the wifi sicce(xx) in order to set it up in the app did someone got it to work?

696D7845-9045-40E1-B54A-2E16AF9741AC.jpeg

I had a hard time getting it to work on my iPhone but for some reason it worked immediately on my iPad.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any resolution for this? I don't see Sicce in the wifi list, I can't connect to the pump or do anything, its extremely frustrating.

Back