Silicate Buster in 7 Stage

Aub_C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 7 stage BRS RO/DI unit. Does anyone know which stage DI I would replace with a SpectraPure SilicaBuster? I placed it in stage 6, but now my TDS is higher that it was before the change. I'm going to replace the resin in the other DI cartridges but I would like to confirm which is the correct stage.

Stage 5 - Pro Series Cation Deionization Resin
Stage 6 - Pro Series Anion Deionization Resin
Stage 7 - Pro Mixed Bed Cation Deionization Resin

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it goes in the last stage. Its a mixed bed resin and most times that is the last stage.

OP
OP
Aub_C

Aub_C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I emailed SpectraPure yesterday and they confirmed the same thing. Seems to be working better now.

FFKiwi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I emailed SpectraPure yesterday and they confirmed the same thing. Seems to be working better now.
If i only have 1 cannister for DI resin, do i have to buy another cannister to place this in after the DI one?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If i only have 1 cannister for DI resin, do i have to buy another cannister to place this in after the DI one?
Yes. I would also use spectrapure’s mega maxcap as your 1st DI and the super silicabuster right after. You’ll probably replace the silicabuster several times before you’ll need to replace the mega maxcap.

FFKiwi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I would also use spectrapure’s mega maxcap as your 1st DI and the super silicabuster right after. You’ll probably replace the silicabuster several times before you’ll need to replace the mega maxcap.
I actually have a BRS RODI. I don't have the extra canister though.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually have a BRS RODI. I don't have the extra canister though.
I use a BRS unit, but run Spectrpure DI in the DI stages. The system started off as a 4 stage, then I added extra canisters to make a 7 stage over time. I actually prefer Spectrapure DI over BRS, they’re so much better.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am glad I stocked up on the filters when Marine Depot closed.
Yeah, I did the same thing. Spectrapure is in AZ, so not too far from SoCal. I knew BRS would never pick them up as a brand because of the direct competition. That’s why I like hybrid systems, it allows you to customize to your needs.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked out that Mega Max Cap, OUCH, I am hoping that I purchased one from the big sale. I bought a lot. It was expensive but I saved even more.

Back