Silicate dosing in a doser

You did not say, “instead of sodium silicate.”

I apologize because I didn’t know there was even such a thing as SiO2 as a solid. I’m sorry for misguiding you. I was referring to sodium silicate in my above messages.



Can SiO2 not be dosed? Is it reactive?
No problem. We didn't understand each other and that's why I prefer to ask several times before I do something
 
I would not assume that SiO2 particles are useful in this context, as I am not certain how effectively one can dissolve them in seawater.

Sodium silicate solution is cheap and readily available, and is known to work well, so unless the intent is to experiment, I'd avoid silica particles.
Thanks for the clarification
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new