Silicon Airline for Dosing (Right or Wrong) what i've found

psumms

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
124
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone want to offer thoughts on my use of silicone airline tubing for my dosing lines? I've had this setup for almost a year and set a reminder to check how they're holding up - all seem fine. I'm pushing Alk, Ca, Mg and NoPoX through them. Just come to calibrate my Apex Dos which I use for auto water change, on that I use the supplied Neptune tubing - its been in place the same length of time as the silicone dose lines but is now stiff and brittle! There must be a reason silicone tubing isn't the default for dose pumps?
 
Yeah.. I don't know why they don't supply silicone tubing as standard, I guess it's more expensive. My LFS told me the standard plastics would be an issue for the NOPOX only but I just decided to do all small tubing with silicone
 
I use them as well so interested in responses. I havent noticed any issues either but I have only used them for about 4 months. I have them on my dos for aquaforest 123
 
I have been using 1/4 inch tubing for a couple of years no problems i dose top off, calcium, alkalinity.
 
100% onboard with the silicone tubing. Dosing 2-part + mag. I did have a small amount Alk mix crystalize when I took it offline and forgot to clear the line, but it was easily remedied with a hot water soak. I too wonder why others don't use it.
 
So, silicone tubing is better?
 
Silicone tubing works fine. RO tubing is even better.
 
silicone tubing with the GHL doser game me all kinds of problems with air bubbles, tried a few different diameter sizes as well; I found that rigid airline tubing is better.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new