Silicone Glue Joints....

  • Thread starter Thread starter tzsetzse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tzsetzse

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2013
Messages
59
Reaction score
14
Location
Keyser WV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm betting that this is a question that has been hashed and re-hashed many times. However, I've not been privy to those conversations so here goes...

When constructing a GLASS aquarium is it possible to obtain better joint bonding with 100% pure silicone when NOT having the glass panels actually touching each other?
I recall many years back, reading an article in FAMA about a new method of framing up a glass tank. The details are lost to time but I know I read about it.

If this is possible, has anyone ever tried it? If you HAVE, how in the world do you go about the actual construction process? I would think that a "frame" or "jig" need be made to support the glass sides and some sort of support to suspend the bottom allowing the silicone to flow between the panels????

I know I'm not smokin' weed here, LOL

Anybody?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new