Simo's clown fish tank part 2

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all thought id drop a thread on here and get some help and enjoy the jurney

5 years ago i had a clown and nem tank which i shut down due to house move but i want to do it all again but better !!

this was it 5 years ago and thinking of re creating

i still have the lights for this tank but no other equipment and i guess things have moved on the led lights are a IT2080 unit.. now not sure if i need to upgrade this or not! whats new out there that would benefit the nems or shall i just stick with the leds ?

filtration i guess will be LR which i will have to try and source locally from tank break downs and then leave this 3 months for disease prevention

i do have a roller mate filter but i have seen the Clarisea Fleece Filter which look alot smaller so it maybe worth selling mine and upgrading as i wont have as much room in the sump!

skimmer i guess id go with the nyso range maybe the 220 as i like the looks of these prevesuly and low power consumption

auto top up i have no idea about so looking for a controller id like it so it would bring on a RO unit so i didn't need to have a tank sat with RO water in which saves on space.. is there such a thing ??

Ozone i guess would help with this tank to keep oxygen up so would need help in selecting a unit and a controller i see the red sea one has a built in controller but can be pricey

water movement.. ill go with some kinds of jeabo power heads and there DC return pumps.. i will have to workout how to protect these so not to suck a nem in !! im sure ive seen some 3d printed cages for them but no idea so if anyone has any info please let me know

i have plenty of time on this as i need to get rid of some of the old equipment and re do the fish shed etc

so basically for now i need help selecting equipment

thanks people

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NYOS seems to make great skimmers.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back