Simple Nano

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a used AI Prime HD 2 days ago and started using the BRS ab+ setting. I find it very blue and "windexy" but if science says that's the optimal spectrum, then I'm willing to try it out. So far my LS have a positive response with the new light and settings. My current goal is to get the solid purple under-color of my Gigantea back.

Any of these well known lights should work as they all provide the predominately blue wavelengths that the zooxanthellate corals need to promote photosynthesis. Personally, I'm not fond of the 'windex' look as the primary look for the aquarium, either. Good news is that you can just dial in a bit of white (or other warm colors if this array has separate color channels) to suit your taste and the array can still what the corals need to stay healthy.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your “simple Nano” is absolutely beautiful!!!

OP
OP
xellos88

xellos88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just updating this thread, got a small upgrade a few weeks ago and this was when it was all clean and just moved in. :) I've added some fish and made some questionable LS choices since then but the tank's still chugging along but with a spottier sandbed.

DSC00718_01.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you changed the HOB filter in the past year. What is that one you are using now and how do you like it?

OP
OP
xellos88

xellos88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back