Simple Nano

I got a used AI Prime HD 2 days ago and started using the BRS ab+ setting. I find it very blue and "windexy" but if science says that's the optimal spectrum, then I'm willing to try it out. So far my LS have a positive response with the new light and settings. My current goal is to get the solid purple under-color of my Gigantea back.

Any of these well known lights should work as they all provide the predominately blue wavelengths that the zooxanthellate corals need to promote photosynthesis. Personally, I'm not fond of the 'windex' look as the primary look for the aquarium, either. Good news is that you can just dial in a bit of white (or other warm colors if this array has separate color channels) to suit your taste and the array can still what the corals need to stay healthy.
 
Your “simple Nano” is absolutely beautiful!!!
 
Beautiful! I'm wanting a Nano and this has definitely given me some inspiration!
 
Just updating this thread, got a small upgrade a few weeks ago and this was when it was all clean and just moved in. :) I've added some fish and made some questionable LS choices since then but the tank's still chugging along but with a spottier sandbed.

DSC00718_01.jpg


DSC00742.jpg
 
I noticed you changed the HOB filter in the past year. What is that one you are using now and how do you like it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new