Six line wrasse or orchid dottyback

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 32 biocube led. I just lost my engineer goby and my only fish in there is a four stripe damsel. Can I add a six line without him bullying my damsel to death so I can get some color? Or should I go with a different wrasse? I need something that can deal with my four stripe and still add some color to the tank. Will an orchid dottyback be able to handle my damsel and be safer? I don’t plan to add any more fish just one more. I have tons of coral so if either will bother corals I won’t go that route.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, difficult to say. When I added one to my tank, the established damsel chased the wrasse out of the tank. Make sure you have a tight cover. If the wrasse is big enough, he may be able to hold his own, but territorial damsels can be really mean.

AS luck would have it, the damsel also bullied an orchid dottyback to death.

BTW, I also had a watchman goby jump out of the tank, but I don't know if it was due to the damsel or not. Another reason for a good cover.

I think I need to dispose of the damsel.

Fish_Fingers91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 damsels and a recent 6 line wrasse, I've seen no issues in the tank so far. My damsels are constantly laying so are the jerks of the tank, however the 6line seems quick enough to make his escape should he find himself in a sticky situation :)

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 damsels and a recent 6 line wrasse, I've seen no issues in the tank so far. My damsels are constantly laying so are the jerks of the tank, however the 6line seems quick enough to make his escape should he find himself in a sticky situation :)
I’m in just a 32. Wpuld I be able to get away with a six line and my damsel. And my damsel is super super nice. I’m more worried about him being hurt or bullied than the other way around.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, difficult to say. When I added one to my tank, the established damsel chased the wrasse out of the tank. Make sure you have a tight cover. If the wrasse is big enough, he may be able to hold his own, but territorial damsels can be really mean.

AS luck would have it, the damsel also bullied an orchid dottyback to death.

BTW, I also had a watchman goby jump out of the tank, but I don't know if it was due to the damsel or not. Another reason for a good cover.

I think I need to dispose of the damsel.
My biocube has a hood. Nothing can get out. My damsel isn’t really that mean. He’s never bothered anyone I’ve had in there with him, multiple wrasses and a coral beauty angel.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say, when the lights go out they have an entirely differnt personality.......

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back