Six line Wrasse with clowns? Bad idea?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we had a six line for years that was great - fun to look at, interesting personality, and hardy. But as it got older it got meaner. From what I've read it's just a matter of time with them.

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous little fish, but I hate them. Six line should be added last if you really want to keep a six line. These are mean little ...... fish. And it's not easy to catch them either. If the clowns establish themselves first, I think you could get away with adding a six line.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 of each of these fish in my current 42 gallon build. (Upgrading to 85 soon, build thread: click here)

Fire clown fish.
6 line wrasse
Royal gramma
Lantern basslet
Yellow Watchman Goby

The Royal is pretty shy, but over time it comes out more and more and more.
The Fire Clown is definitely seemingly the meanest, but I learned it was my misconception. It def comes and bites my hand all the time if its in the tank, but after putting the Watchman in, I learned that the Fire Clown is very protective of other fish. It chased the 6 six line away every time it came anywhere close. Then did the same to the basslet, and kept the 6 line away from it too. The watchman I was worried about, but it paired with a pistol shrimp and hides under the rock with it. But I love the combination I have now, they all mesh well together.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back