Six line Wrasse

ssagar89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo 10 gallon. No live stock except Snails. Tank is 4 months old. I have been noticing some worms which come out at night from rock crevices and cracks. They look reddish brown. I am thinking of adding six line wrasse to get rid of it. What do guys suggest? I plan to keep just one fish 6 Line wrasse might that one. Reason is to do pest control and get rid of those worms m.
Thanks in advance

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a six line in wrasse in my first saltwater tank, honestly one of my favorite fish I have kept.

Also very true, great in regards to pest control! Killer in fact. Mine was a pig.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6line and he’s a hunter for sure! My tanks is pretty big for the little fella so he has a lot of food available lol many bristle worms to feast on

U

User1

View Badges
10 gallons? That would be like putting a fighter jet in your house. Won't work not to mention you really don't have an id on the worms, they come out at night, and the wrasse is sleeping then.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Post pic of worms as if they are bristleworm, they likely Won’t eat them

MJ in Boise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixlines are the best workhorse ever. Get a baby and trade him for another baby once he starts flashing on you lol. I've got 3 and love the little horned devils. One of the 3 has jumped out twice. Heard it both times and put em back. Hes now in main display where he cant jump without a face full of t5 reflectors. His own reflection will kill him eventually I'm sure.

U

User1

View Badges
Sixlines are the best workhorse ever. Get a baby and trade him for another baby once he starts flashing on you lol. I've got 3 and love the little horned devils. One of the 3 has jumped out twice. Heard it both times and put em back. Hes now in main display where he cant jump without a face full of t5 reflectors. His own reflection will kill him eventually I'm sure.

2 or 3 challenges with this.

1. Finding a small or young one. You think the adults are fast? Wait till you see the youth. My point is they are rare because the collectors are not fast enough (true story).

2. Catching to trade in. Lets think about this. Even in a 10 gallon you are not going to catch it without removing every rock and coral.

3. You still have the 10 gallon space for a fish that roams foraging 12 hours a day. It then needs to sleep so dives in sand or burrows deep in a rock crevice - forget which way 6 lines roll.

Bottom line 10 gallons is a nano tank. Wrasses are not a nano fish. You are talking about a goby / pistol shrimp combo or clown goby sort of thing. There is just not enough swimming space for these fish. No horse here. Just the facts. Use a search engine and look for nano fish and even that is going to list some questionable subjects.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back