Six Line Wrasse

Tyreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to know a little more about six line wrasses. Including where would they be hiding? Would appreciate some knowledge on six line wrasses :)

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to know a little more about six line wrasses. Including where would they be hiding? Would appreciate some knowledge on six line wrasses :)
Usually these guys don't hide, they're always zooming around finding treats to eat. One big thing to know is that they do jump. So you may look around to ensure he hasn't jumped out or maybe even in the over-flow because he could have jumped in there.

OP
OP
Tyreefer

Tyreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually these guys don't hide, they're always zooming around finding treats to eat. One big thing to know is that they do jump. So you may look around to ensure he hasn't jumped out or maybe even in the over-flow because he could have jumped in there.
I was going a lot of moving of my rock today. Could I have scared him and made him hide? I read online they can hide in sand beds?

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going a lot of moving of my rock today. Could I have scared him and made him hide? I read online they can hide in sand beds?
They can hide if you were cleaning the tank yes and even decide to stay there over night. In all cases for me though by next morning they're hungry and hunting again first thing.

OP
OP
Tyreefer

Tyreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can hide if you were cleaning the tank yes and even decide to stay there over night. In all cases for me though by next morning they're hungry and hunting again first thing.
Thanks for the help!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

they are not sand sleepers. They hide in the rock and moving stuff around can make fish disappear for awhile. It would be unsettling if a stranger came to your house and moved all your furniture and left lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pseudocheilinus hexataenia is an aggressive species once they mature, they can’t be with other wrasses after a certain period of time has passed.
They don’t sleep in the sand and instead find a crevice in the rocks to hide in. Their sleeping behaviour is similar to Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus however to my knowledge they don’t form the mucous cocoon.
When moving rocks with shy fish you can scare them and cause them to hide. You may find it takes a few hours for him to come out, usually they don’t stay hidden for the rest of the day though.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they will hide in the rock when stressed. But usually there zooming around trying to find something to eat. Small fish, big appetite.(atleast from my experience)

OP
OP
Tyreefer

Tyreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they will hide in the rock when stressed. But usually there zooming around trying to find something to eat. Small fish, big appetite.(atleast from my experience)
Yes mine is very energetic, he swims through any little hole he can find. I love these guys they’re great fish! By any chance do you know when you can tell a six line is fully matured? I read someone else’s comment that eventually he won’t get along with my other wrasse I have (different kind) but they are like best friends and I’ve never seen an issue!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back