OP
S

Skard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the ceiling found a product that will give me a finish look and still work well with the humidity it is called ABTCO ceiling panels which are made of PVC.

ceiling2.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to put up trim but I think I am just going to go with the clean look

aq.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixing some old tech with the latest, also purchased retrofit T5's with reflectors from BRS and I have a reefbrite LED strip to supplement the MH & 360's.

mh360.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! Reviving this Dinosaur. After this project being shelved for a couple years it is back.

Back story got COVID in 2020 and while I was stuck at home I figured out my wife liked her boyfriend better than me so went through a divorce thus this project was shelved due to that mess. I ended up keeping the house, getting a better job and much more money in my pocket without having that Anchor (The ex) around my neck anymore. OK enough about that crap, the tank is now plumbed (Bean Animal, external overflow) just working on my rolling light rack (on barn door track). This will still be a combo of one old 250W MH Radium w. Lumenbright Reflector, two (2) Kessils A360X, two BRS retro T5's, and one Lumenbright XHO LED. I drilled and connected two sumps together, one for a psuedo refugium with one of Turbo's old turf scrubbers flowing into a standard filter sump. Will be running APEX controller, and an Octo 8 for the return pump. Sea Swirls with Eductors will provide flow, along with my old Voretchs

Going to be doing a test run with making a scape with all my dry rock I have been saving. Using E-Marco aquascape mortar to bond some of the larger sections together which just arrived at my doorstep. Going to work on that this weekend. Going to do initial seed with Fritz 900 turbostart and amonia. Once that stabalizes I will be shipping in some nice rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater to further add diversity and some critters. I have some rock from them I purchased in 2001 that still has tons of life on it. Pictures to come...

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, great too see you are back at it!!

Txoutlaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build!sorry to hear about the D but it happens to the best of us.some things are just not meant to be but it all works out in the end.anyways,looking forward to the rest of the build!

OP
OP
S

Skard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light Rack, rail system some assembly required.
PXL_20230107_021812404.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So rock pile, has been epoxied together kept it kind of sparse as I will be adding some live rock to seed the tank once I have gone through the cycle. Light Rack is painted and will be going in this weekend along with the rock structure. Heading to the Bahamas for some R & R next week but when I get home we will be filling this...... Finally!!!
PXL_20230107_032301780.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So rock pile, has been epoxied together kept it kind of sparse as I will be adding so live rock to seed the tank once I have gone through the cycle. Light Rack is painted and will be going in this weekend along with the rock structure. Heading to the Bahamas for some R & R next week but when I get home we will be filling this...... Finally!!!
PXL_20230107_032301780.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back