Sketchup models - Post yours!

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @blackizzz. I'll have to do your line idea next time. Generally the same as what I was trying to do but your way makes it a lot easier to find the points. I like your models and if I ever use those items, I will probably want to use them (giving you full credit of course). I have some other models to post but I am literally walking out the door in two minutes to go on vacation. I'll post when I return.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I really dig chalices, so I dedicated a section to them. I have 4 now, a bubblegum monster, pink *******, and 2 no names. But the no names are struggling and don't look great due to what I think was a combo of bleaching/dinos, resulting from starving when my rank was to clean.

And I'm definitely leaving a spot open for when I find a deal on a rainbow or stained glass type.
Yeah, chalices always seem to come back, they are hardy when it comes to colony revival, had one go completely to skeleton on me and dots of it are already growing back after two months of full dead

OP
OP
blackizzz

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a Kore5th dosing pump, the pump heads are universal and can be used for any other pump though.
Kore5th.jpg

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you blackizz. I've got several other models to upload to the warehouse. I'll post them as I go along. (Just don't get me started on all my PVC components models.;Jawdrop;Yawn)
@OllieNZ, Yep, that's how we've all started out. The planning stage is what got me started with it also. The good thing is that there is all kinds of free help and training tutorials on line. It just gets easier over time.
Reversible Power Head
Reversible Powerhead.png
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/a142b338-260e-4233-b2ac-d0b381a09cf8/Reversible-Power-Head

OP
OP
blackizzz

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only used it for planning, unfortunately my drawing skills barely extend beyond doing boxes :rolleyes:
46073217801_474eb150c9_c.jpg

This is a great start! And precisely how I started as well, getting to know the push/pull tool is essential. I think I use the push/pull + Follow me 90+% of the time in Sketchup!

OllieNZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you blackizz. I've got several other models to upload to the warehouse. I'll post them as I go along. (Just don't get me started on all my PVC components models.;Jawdrop;Yawn)
@OllieNZ, Yep, that's how we've all started out. The planning stage is what got me started with it also. The good thing is that there is all kinds of free help and training tutorials on line. It just gets easier over time.
Reversible Power Head
Reversible Powerhead.png
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/a142b338-260e-4233-b2ac-d0b381a09cf8/Reversible-Power-Head

I'm not sure how much more effort I'll put into SketchUp, I'm trying to learn Fusion360 at the moment as I can use it for CAM for my CNC router.

OP
OP
blackizzz

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PVC components are a ***** sometimes, I created a "library" of 12-63mm 90°/45°/T-couplings a while back.

Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 19.59.49.png

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/u0e0d5fa0-ca6c-479e-97e9-d5e94e0e8c56/PVC-Basic-Collection

But I've never had the will to sit down and do ball/gate valves :p They're just sooo much work!

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Monkeytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the closet I've come to doing that...
sketch-1536784534471.png

:p
I'm with you! I see the folks who have 3D plans of their builds with every detail down to hose clamps depicted, and I can't even get to the crayon stage of what my tank will sit on.

For those of you that can do it, good on you. I'm really impressed, and wish I was at that level.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back