Skimmer Advice

Mockery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm in the process of looking for a new skimmer. The total water volume will be about 95 gallons, heavy bio-load, and in-sump. Any advice or reviews would be great

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a budget figure? I have been looking at the Warner Marine skimmers for a while now, they seem to be very well built, use very little in wattage, and pull TON's of air! I am thinking of getting the K-1 when it is available to replace my MR-2...

OP
OP
M

Mockery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying not to spend more then 300 and the bio load i have decided is not as heavy as i originally thought

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rev has a nice skimmer for sale i believe and he only wants 150 shipped for it its a recirc skimmer im sure he will chime in and fill u in completly but that would save you some money and its never been used i saw this skimmer in person at our local swap and it looks like it would pack a nice punch lol

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SWC-200 would be my choice then, I think it is $279... Look for one with an 8" main body, the uses the Sicce pin/mesh wheel pump, that will give you the best performance per dollar spent.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back