Smallest Footpring DC Protein Skimmer for sub-75 Gallon

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations as to the smallest footprint protein skimmer running a DC pump? Total water volume is 68 gallons…BUT…I don’t even want a super powerful skimmer because I’ll also be running a Reefmat 500 and have limited sump space. So really DC pump and small footprint are my main criteria. Appreciate any suggestions!

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it has to be DC then probably a Tunze 9004 DC. 4.3"x3.5" footprint and rated for 20-60 gallons.

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze 9012 DC is 5.5x4.3
Definitely on my list to consider. Would like to consider some non-tunze options as well that might be easier to take apart and clean, and change pumps should they go out, but unfortunately I think that brings me back to looking at larger units.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back