Skimmer advice

Lou City Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

Back here with another question ... sorry.

I've come across a skimmer called the Bubble Magus - Curve 3 Extreme Skimmer on saltwateraquarium.com. The only problem is, I cannot find ANY piece of advice on that skimmer? It does not seem like ANYONE has ANYTHING to say about it. I was just wonder if anyone could give me any information about this skimmer?

I'm also looking for advice on a skimmer that would work well with my setup. I'm going to be switching to a sump and I don't want to run filter socks. My setup will be a 20 gallon long w/ a 10 gallon DIY sump. I've been running the tank for close to a year with HOB filtration but bought another 20g long to drill for the sump setup.

All advice is welcomed

Thanks again for all your alls help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lou City Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a curve 5 and it’s an amazing skimmer.
Hey! I took your advice to get a new tank to drill lol. When I looked at all the options drilling a new tank was actually pretty comparable to doing an external overflow. I’ve seen the curve 5, but just not much out there on the Curve 3

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Lou City Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a curve 5 elite and I like it, runs a little wet if the water is deeper than 9 inches but it skins lots of nasty stuff
If I can’t find out much info on the 3 then I’ll likely go with the 5. Although, multiple trustworthy retailers / websites sell the Curve 3.

Upvote 0

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I took your advice to get a new tank to drill lol. When I looked at all the options drilling a new tank was actually pretty comparable to doing an external overflow. I’ve seen the curve 5, but just not much out there on the Curve 3
Good to hear! It’s definitely going to save you from a headache and your floors will thank you.

as far as the skimmers go little ones can be temperamental in my experience. If you go with the curve 5 it can easily work on a larger tank thats if you fill up the 20l with corals and fish in the foreseeable future witch is likely;)

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back