Skimmer for Fluval Evo 13.5

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
99
Reaction score
87
Location
Antioch
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the Fluval Sea mini protein skimmer but I can’t get it to skim consistently. It’s either overflowing or the water level is too low. If I do actually get it dialed in, any time I have to unplug it (water changes, etc..) it’s like starting from scratch again to get it ‘re-tuned’ So my question is, are there any better skimmer options that will fit in the Fluval Evo 13.5?
 
I currently have the Fluval Sea mini protein skimmer but I can’t get it to skim consistently. It’s either overflowing or the water level is too low. If I do actually get it dialed in, any time I have to unplug it (water changes, etc..) it’s like starting from scratch again to get it ‘re-tuned’ So my question is, are there any better skimmer options that will fit in the Fluval Evo 13.5?
A skimmer on the Evo is impractical... Everyone seems to have issues. I just made chamber 2 a fuge and called it a day.
 
A skimmer on the Evo is impractical... Everyone seems to have issues. I just made chamber 2 a fuge and called it a day.
That’s what I ended up doing too after I did a little research. The tank is doing great!
 
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5395.MOV
    46.1 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new