Skimmer going crazy

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a bit of Instant Ocean Epoxy to mount some coral, and my skimmer is going crazy now. I am aware that expoxy does make it go nuts for a bit, so I am wondering.... Should I add carbon to absorb the stuff that is released from the epoxy? Or should I just do a few water changes over time?

Currently, my skimmer has been off for about 4-5 days, and turning it back on still makes it go a bit nuts. How long does it take for this to subside?

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a bunch in my tank earlier this year to aquascape and had a similar issue with my skimmer even after a few days. I ended up doing a water change by putting my skimmer drain into a bucket and letting the collection cup overflow. I collected around 4 gallons of this super wet skim before my skimmer stopped overflowing.

U

User1

View Badges
I just turned my skimmer off and didn't worry about it for about 3 to 4 days. If you want to throw in a normal water change it wouldn't hurt. But the long and short of it is that it is reef safe so I just turn off the skimmer.

If you are carbon dosing something like NoPox that may not be an issue though.

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry, sometimes I do that. It’s perfectly normal

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back