Skimmer level fluctuating

a1abeach

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea 300 just did a water change but now my skimmer is fluctuating levels never had this problem before it won’t stay consistent up and down. Any ideas

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes if my skimmer acts up just putting your hand over the water or air intake straightens it out.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I not got a red sea skimmer but everytime I do a water change and siphon some water from the sumo and disturb detritus and when turn return pump back on then bits of sponges comes out return nozzle and I'm presuming because more detritus/ organics etc now in water column the skimmer working harder and causes mine to overflow a little sometimes ,so now when I turn most my equipment off for a water change I open the water outlet valves so skimmer bubbles stay lower then re- adjust after water change

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea 300 just did a water change but now my skimmer is fluctuating levels never had this problem before it won’t stay consistent up and down. Any ideas
If it was working great before you probably don't need to fiddle with it. You need to wait. Give it 24 yours and see if it clams down. Did you put your hands in the water during the water change? Oil from your skin can effect the skimmer and it should resolve within a day.

Back