Skimmer Recommendation

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite ready to buy yet, but am starting to look around.

I want to get a different skimmer for https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/147296-our-30g-rimless.html. It is a 30g Deep Blue Rimless with a 10g sump. I want something with a small footprint but that can still suck out some nasty stuff.

I'm starting my research now, and am starting to look at some Tunze skimmers, but I'm open to suggestions on where to look and what your experiences are.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. Just started looking. Would like to find a tunze used for a good price but I'm open to others. Are you running a jebao?

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not.... But I'm looking into them for my upcoming build. They look nice and well built from the one I saw at CMAC. Fish street has them for under $200. Of course it's Chinese and everyone says you get what you pay for.....

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an RO POV-DC1 that is ran by the old dc3500 (same as the jebao dc300) and it's the best skimmer I've ever owned and I've been through a few of them. Those coral box (jebao) skimmers look promising. Another skimmer that has a tiny footprint that skimmed like a champ for me was the warner marine mf121 (same as the skimz sm-121) how ever you have to be careful of the pumps. The es-2000 either runs great or doesn't.

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a small Tunze that I like, and found one used, but the guy won't budge on the price. So back to the drawing board. I'll look into all of those. Thanks guys.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back