Skimmer setup question

tideluva

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
34
Location
Jemison, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I am in the process of setting up my IceCap 240 but have never run a skimmer before.
All the videos of set show these large sump setups with lots of valves I don’t have.
With this skimmer I can raise/lower the skimmer to adjust level and raise/lower the cup for air (I think) as well as increase/decrease the pump flow.
I am attaching a short video of it in my water change bucket as I dial it in outside of my aquarium first.
I would really appreciate any feedback you can offer.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1874.mov
    16.6 MB
Make sure to run for a few days with water overflowing to wash any manufacturing residue off before trying to tune it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new