Skimmer suddenly producing too many bubbles.

Ecotech Marine

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, my Bubble Magus Curve 3.5 has started suddenly producing so many bubbles, making it overflow.

It's been running great for the past few months. Recent changes include : carbon dosing (skimmer was working fine with carbon dosing) and new coral addition (secured using two part putty and gel super glue). I've cleaned the pump yesterday but the problem still persists. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
drewwCh

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You might have to place eggcrate or pvc coupler adapters under it to raise it up out of the water more. 1- 1 1/2" will prob do it. Than go back to the knob or tube adjustment to change the water height inside the skimmer body.
Youll get it dialed in!
D
I'll try that later, thanks!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
How recent were the coral additions using epoxy? 2 part epoxy is known to make skimmers go crazy. Give it a few days to settle out and it should go back to normal.

Corals.com

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It’s AIO so no sump. It’s been off for an hour now and the 6 line came let. Gobi is eating sand again. One chrome came out and I saw the others head poke out so I know he’s alive but hiding. Still missing a wrasse and fire fish. Fire fish likes to hide anyway.
Now I’m afraid to put it back on. But I’m pretty sure it’s necessary to add flow to my tank. It’s my first tank and I’m new at this. But I’m sure I’ve got dead spots. I can see areas that get almost no water flow. Should I find a really small weak one and slowly acclimate them to one of these? Any suggestions?

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is this what you have ?

bubble-magus-curve-35-skimmer.jpg

Hiw are you placing it in your tank if there is no sump?

RAP

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It’s AIO so no sump. It’s been off for an hour now and the 6 line came let. Gobi is eating sand again. One chrome came out and I saw the others head poke out so I know he’s alive but hiding. Still missing a wrasse and fire fish. Fire fish likes to hide anyway.
Now I’m afraid to put it back on. But I’m pretty sure it’s necessary to add flow to my tank. It’s my first tank and I’m new at this. But I’m sure I’ve got dead spots. I can see areas that get almost no water flow. Should I find a really small weak one and slowly acclimate them to one of these? Any suggestions?
I was under the impression we were addressing the OP’s skimmer overflowing issues... is your skimmer overflowing too?

OP
drewwCh

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
How recent were the coral additions using epoxy? 2 part epoxy is known to make skimmers go crazy. Give it a few days to settle out and it should go back to normal.
I added 2 new corals, used quite a lot of epoxy because it wouldn't stick to the rock. Skimmer went crazy right after. I raise it a bit already, eill wait a few days. Thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I added 2 new corals, used quite a lot of epoxy because it wouldn't stick to the rock. Skimmer went crazy right after. I raise it a bit already, eill wait a few days. Thanks
Yup, epoxy releases amine compounds as it cures and it makes skimmers go crazy. It will dissipate after a few days. Run carbon if you want to expedite its removal.

AI Nero 5

Is your aquarium water as CLEAR as you would like?

• YES

Votes: 303 60.6%
  • NO

Votes: 170 34.0%
  • Don't care that much

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.6%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer