Skimmer tuning?

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me figure out how to tune this skimmer, I either have nothing in the collection cup or overflowing like crazy, I fashioned a little adjustable air knob onto it to try and play with the air and I also have a line running out the window to try and raise ph a little

676A6920-CA9F-4F67-B29B-F2F8BCEB486C.jpeg 181F1A7E-FD3A-498A-B60B-5C03FE00C50D.jpeg 6B97BAF7-E815-4801-8270-FAF3D1B937DC.jpeg

Jivatma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How new is skimmer or tank?

Also make sure water depth is within manufacturer range.

If skimmer is new, it needs time to work out the oils from manufacturing and to build a layer of tank 'stuff'

If tank is new, there's nothing to skim so finding a happy medium is harder to find because there is no balance.

All the adjustment should all be in the gate valve

OP
OP
jonleeroyix

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How new is skimmer or tank?

Also make sure water depth is within manufacturer range.

If skimmer is new, it needs time to work out the oils from manufacturing and to build a layer of tank 'stuff'

If tank is new, there's nothing to skim so finding a happy medium is harder to find because there is no balance.

All the adjustment should all be in the gate valve
I’d say it’s about 2 months old, both skimmer and tank but, I’ve had it tuned good once before where it pulled a good thick cup out

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first thing I would do is pull the blue line out, and pull the black valve out so its geting he most air, you dont want restriction, if you need a hose you get one that goes on the outside of the clear plastic fitting. SECOND tune the foam so its at the bottom of the collection cup, then dont touch it, you have it raised way to high.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back