SKIMMER

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i noticed today that my skimmer is giving a wet skim as opposed to a dry skim like i had it i have a reef octopus elite 220sss space saver i noticed that where the collection cup goes i see some water leaking out so i took out the cup checked the oring for any damage lubricated and put it back even though i did all of this its still letting water between the body and where the collection cup goes what could be the problem skimmer any help will be appreciated

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so i noticed today that my skimmer is giving a wet skim as opposed to a dry skim like i had it i have a reef octopus elite 220sss space saver i noticed that where the collection cup goes i see some water leaking out so i took out the cup checked the oring for any damage lubricated and put it back even though i did all of this its still letting water between the body and where the collection cup goes what could be the problem skimmer any help will be appreciated
A picture - or a video might be helpful. I might suggest you talk to the company - and perhaps get a new o-ring. It is also possible that there is damage to the plastic somewhere or - its not sealing correctly (I'm not sure how the 2 pieces connect - twisting, etc - but could there be a piece of debris or something else

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Assure the tube from pump to muffler isnt clogged. Also what is height of water in your sump ?

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a new oring gonna give it a good cleaning will updated once I’m done thnks 4 da advice

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ordered a new oring gonna give it a good cleaning will updated once I’m done thnks 4 da advice
Good luck - its always a hassle - I had a similar problem with my skimmer - was a piece of sand - white - that I couldnt see - that was causing the problem.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back