SLASH Club Activity

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool.

I was briefly a member nearly a decade ago. I reached out on RC maybe a couple months ago. I probably could have made a better effort, but I didn't get the impression things were all that active. I'd say moving operations over here is a step in the right direction.

mjcoussens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still here, still trying to get acros to survive and grow. Other SPS are growing just fine. Just switched out my ocean revives for reefi unos and I have 4 custom (450nm and 470nm) 36inch led bars in the mail. I should set up a build thread and get some advice from the experts on here.

I still have plenty of chaeto to share.

Hoping to make the next swap and pay my dues.

Matt

1634913640452.png

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still here, still trying to get acros to survive and grow. Other SPS are growing just fine. Just switched out my ocean revives for reefi unos and I have 4 custom (450nm and 470nm) 36inch led bars in the mail. I should set up a build thread and get some advice from the experts on here.

I still have plenty of chaeto to share.

Hoping to make the next swap and pay my dues.

Matt

1634913640452.png
How do you like the Unos? The look like amazing lights.

mjcoussens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love em so far. I understand brand loyalty and "expense defense" are big issues in this hobby and everyone wants to feel that they have the "best" option. So, take my input with that in mind. This is the most "high end" light I've used. My past leds are the ocean revives and a photon V1 that I've been running for 8 years. The ocean revives are great lights too.

Great spectrum, par, spread, and shimmer. The programmability is light years ahead of the ocean revives I was running previously and you can't beat the 3 year warranty. It was the reviews from Dana Riddle and Telegraham that really sold me. The most accurate comparison I've seen is to the Kessil A500x, but these are currently less than half the price.

I have them tuned to 85% max wattage at peak 11.5" above the water line and I'm getting 400 par at the top of the rockwork and 150-200 at the bottom.

With these having a small form factor, I'm hoping the led bars reduce the shadowing.

I'd be happy to show them off in person, just pm me to arrange a time.

1634916922714.png

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love em so far. I understand brand loyalty and "expense defense" are big issues in this hobby and everyone wants to feel that they have the "best" option. So, take my input with that in mind. This is the most "high end" light I've used. My past leds are the ocean revives and a photon V1 that I've been running for 8 years. The ocean revives are great lights too.

Great spectrum, par, spread, and shimmer. The programmability is light years ahead of the ocean revives I was running previously and you can't beat the 3 year warranty. It was the reviews from Dana Riddle and Telegraham that really sold me. The most accurate comparison I've seen is to the Kessil A500x, but these are currently less than half the price.

I have them tuned to 85% max wattage at peak 11.5" above the water line and I'm getting 400 par at the top of the rockwork and 150-200 at the bottom.

With these having a small form factor, I'm hoping the led bars reduce the shadowing.

I'd be happy to show them off in person, just pm me to arrange a time.

1634916922714.png
Telegraham turned me on to them. I'm not ready for an upgrade yet, but I'm glad to see more lighting options out in the world making reefing more accessible.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back