Sleek looking wall brackets?

BurlyWizard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Like many others, I need a mounting bracket for my LED box. The tank is against a wall and it's just 1 LED box, so looking for a minimum budget bracket. I know L-brackets from Lowe's are functional, and I've seen plant hangers used as well.

Has anyone seen anything more pleasing to look at? The light isn't super heavy, 8 pounds or less. I imagine there is some fabricated or DIY way to clean this up. Ideal hanging location would be 18" from wall.

Thanks

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your sweat skills up to snuff...
Cheap & easy.
Just dont forget the clear coat!

20200627_211819.jpg 20190917_114139.jpg 20200525_194351.jpg 20200525_231609.jpg

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electric conduit. Go to HD and buy it, but before you pay for it, use the bender that is right next to it. Bend it to the size you need for height and hang. put bender back and go pay for the pipe.

corey
This electrician likes your idea...I've never had to bend it in the store lol but, in thinking, what are they gonna do? It's still the same conduit and you were testing out if you liked the quality of the bender!

In saying this I have also made several shelves hung from threaded rigid pipe fittings and flanges. An industrial look and quite resistant to corrosion etc.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cruise to etsy and see if some iron brackets fit your fancy. You can coat them in clear or just let them rust.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a coat rack on wheels and modified it for my light hanger.

Attachments

• Coat rack light hanger.jpg
    Coat rack light hanger.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 52

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Like many others, I need a mounting bracket for my LED box. The tank is against a wall and it's just 1 LED box, so looking for a minimum budget bracket. I know L-brackets from Lowe's are functional, and I've seen plant hangers used as well.

Has anyone seen anything more pleasing to look at? The light isn't super heavy, 8 pounds or less. I imagine there is some fabricated or DIY way to clean this up. Ideal hanging location would be 18" from wall.

Thanks
I used a TV wall mount to allow for position variability and if I ever wanted it out of the way for maintenance.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a TV wall mount to allow for position variability and if I ever wanted it out of the way for maintenance.
I have seen that here a while back, that is a good idea. But still have holes in wall which some wives will get too upset. Just like hanging wire from ceiling, I don't think so.

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen that here a while back, that is a good idea. But still have holes in wall which some wives will get too upset. Just like hanging wire from ceiling, I don't think so.
Two small holes for anchors/screws in the wall that can be easily patched if removed resulting in the ability to run the cables through the walls to completely hide them. I’ll take that over the dangling cables or wire hiding plastic. Plus way cheaper than actual light mounts and more customizable placement. I’m super happy with it and so is my fiancé who is all about making sure it looks sleek and tidy.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two small holes for anchors/screws in the wall that can be easily patched if removed resulting in the ability to run the cables through the walls to completely hide them. I’ll take that over the dangling cables or wire hiding plastic. Plus way cheaper than actual light mounts and more customizable placement. I’m super happy with it and so is my fiancé who is all about making sure it looks sleek and tidy.
Yes if done right will look fantastic.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.9%
Back