Slime on my zoa

brelson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Location
United Arab Emirates
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this slime on my zoa ? Is it bad ? This is the only zoa (captain jerk) I have. Brought it a week back. Today I fed them reef pluse powder food, how often I have to feed them.
IMG_7496.jpeg
 
Zoas do not need to be fed, that's just to speed up growth. Also that is a Palythoa not a zoanthid, which is very similar in care but is more toxic so I wouldn't mess with them or at least wash your hands after handling them. As for what's on the stem it looks just to be some detritus or maybe sponge. Either way it's not something to worry about
 
Zoas do not need to be fed, that's just to speed up growth. Also that is a Palythoa not a zoanthid, which is very similar in care but is more toxic so I wouldn't mess with them or at least wash your hands after handling them. As for what's on the stem it looks just to be some detritus or maybe sponge. Either way it's not something to worry about
The shop guy told me it’s a multicolor captain jerk zoa( easy coral for beginners)
 
The shop guy told me it’s a multicolor captain jerk zoa( easy coral for beginners)
Looks like a capitan jerk, though it's not a zoa. There are capitan jerk palythoas, not zoanthids. Very similar and can be hard to tell apart for beginners. Also a fairly easy coral with pretty much the exact same care needs. Though like I mentioned they have a much stronger concentration of palytoxin, which should not hurt you as long as you don't eat it, boil it or rub your eyes after touching the slime. I just wouldn't recommend trying to frag it
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new