Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also gsp won’t grow if it’s covered in what looks like a bryopsis. Lettuce sea slug eat bryopsis though it depends on what species you’ll get.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try dosing amino acid and feeding reefroids
Don't do that. I don't see a phosphate reading, but if your nitrates are really at zero you can trigger some things you don't want with aminos and coral food at this point. Softies don't need that. They need nitrates and phosphates in my opinion to grow well. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude I just don't want you to create a major headache.

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do that. I don't see a phosphate reading, but if your nitrates are really at zero you can trigger some things you don't want with aminos and coral food at this point. Softies don't need that. They need nitrates and phosphates in my opinion to grow well. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude I just don't want you to create a major headache.
Ok, that’s what I do with my system though but I guess what works for me may not work to others.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, that’s what I do with my system though but I guess what works for me may not work to others.
I know, and again....I'm not trying to be negative, but I've seen so many reefers go gonzo with aminos and coral food and cause a plague of dinos. I've done it myself! So just trying to give a little caution.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would respectfully disagree on the "softies don't need that."
why would they have feathery polyps, if not to capture food in the water column?
my tank is softie dominate.
i feed heavy.
i run high NO3 & PO4.
filtration is seachem matrix and an algae scrubber.
zero algae in the display.
not advocating or recommending how anyone else runs their tanks, but like my signature sez, pics don't lie.

Ghost25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of food and which softies do you feed?
I like LRS Nano Reef Frenzy. It's the main food I use for all my fish and my LPS and softies love it too.

I like to turn down the flow for 10 minutes and use a turkey baster to put it right in the tentacles. After doing this for a while the coral will start taking it up more readily.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back