SRO-sales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do? I've had my 46 gal bow front for close to a year now. For the most part it's doing rather well I think. The only hang up i have is it seems that my Green Star Polyps are not growing/spreading very fast at all and the Kenyan Tree is just now starting to fill out. I've had these softies for a few months now. Is it me or should they be so much more than where they are? See pics attached.

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Just got this little guy too. Hopefully i can keep him out of the power head this time.
image3.jpeg

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That green hair algae my be slowing the growth of your gsp. What are your water parameters? Lighting? Maintenance routine?
60D79930-1A30-4CD4-8495-8CD8DFA18337.jpeg

OP
OP
SRO-sales

SRO-sales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That green hair algae my be slowing the growth of your gsp. What are your water parameters? Lighting? Maintenance routine?
60D79930-1A30-4CD4-8495-8CD8DFA18337.jpeg
High Range ph 8.3
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 0 ppm
KH 140-200 ppm
Lighting is two T8 bulbs (1-white and 1- Coral Blue 460 NM)
See pics on lighting.......
image0 (1).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

20% water change once every two months / filter cleanout every three weeks or so.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try lowering your light schedule. That’s a long time for t5’s. And try a little less food and more frequent cleaning of your canister filter. It’s all about finding a routine that works for you

OP
OP
SRO-sales

SRO-sales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try lowering your light schedule. That’s a long time for t5’s. And try a little less food and more frequent cleaning of your canister filter. It’s all about finding a routine that works for you
Thanks! Ill post results in a few weeks.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patients is key. You will not get an instant solution. Just keep at it and soon your system will start to talk to you.
chuck norris GIF

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the GSP are probably having 2 issues. one of which was already mentioned, and you happen to take a picture of the problem, and not even know it. polyps tend to close when they have an outside source touch them aka the hair algae. along with the hair algae, doesnt look like there is much flow, which is fine, but in my experience with my GSP, they tend to like water flow. they have a tendence to grow in the direction that the flow is going. if flow is a little stagnant, it probably wont grow too fast. when i first got my gsp, it took a while for them to go, but once they did, they got quite long, and now its just taking off at rates of grow that are quite fast. probably a diameter of about an inch worth of growth in the matter of probably a month.

Ghost25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice only 2 T8 bulbs?

Probably not even close to adequate lighting. If it were a FOWLR tank, sure, but corals need light.
Agreed, that is not enough light in my opinion. Feed more (direct feeding frozen food to softies is effective) and more light.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back