Slow water production after filter change

Rrb1399

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m having an issue after changing my filters my production is slow . I’ve also noticed my booster pump only kicks on when I shut my water off ?? Strange any help appreciate

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you break-in the filters first? Usually they recommend running the carbon and sediment for 20-30 minutes, then flushing the RO membrane for x number of gallons - and then reconnecting whatever filters or add-ons after that.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you you have your booster pump connected?

if just before the membrane, then sounds as if there is a blockage with the membrane.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you break-in the filters first? Usually they recommend running the carbon and sediment for 20-30 minutes, then flushing the RO membrane for x number of gallons - and then reconnecting whatever filters or add-ons after that.

Do you flush your carbon filters after changing? Or do you just swap in new filters and send it straight to the RO membrane?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tossed them in
If you just toss them in without flushing the fine particles of carbon that typically come out of new filters have more than likely clogged your membrane.

New carbon filters should be flushed for a period of time prior to allowing any of the water to flow into membrane housings.

Put in a new membrane and add a flush valve prior to your membrane housing so that you can flush your carbon in the future, this way it'll last longer then a couple months.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a flush valve on there already I never thought to flush the carbon first . It makes sense . I’ll try that
Ideally you would use another flush valve instead of the membrane flush.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back