Smallest HOB Skimmer

thekikster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a 20 gallon High with a modded Aquaclear 70 as my filtration. The tank has been up and running for almost 3 months now and my water has stayed cloudy for about a month and a half. I was told i would probably need a protein skimmer. The thing is i already have the big Aquaclear the heater and powerhead all in there and dont want to have another huge thing hanging in my tank, its just not visually appealing to me. So my question to you guys is what is the smallest HOB skimmer i could get? Thanks

dmcrete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have A Like new Hydor Slim Skim That does a Great Job, its very small foot print, itll fit right in the corner of your 20 gallon tank, it will be perfect for that size tank, comes complete with magnets to attach to the glass, Ill Send you pictures if you want, I Am Going to list it on ebay,, SO,, Let me know
Dennis

dmcrete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hers a picture of it
Oo, cant get a picture posted, look at hydor slim skimmer,,
let me know
Dennis

I Have A Like new Hydor Slim Skim That does a Great Job, its very small foot print, itll fit right in the corner of your 20 gallon tank, it will be perfect for that size tank, comes complete with magnets to attach to the glass, Ill Send you pictures if you want, I Am Going to list it on ebay,, SO,, Let me know
Dennis

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might check out the Remora skimmers they work great. Also you might want to run some carbon that will help clear water.

OP
OP
T

thekikster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might check out the Remora skimmers they work great. Also you might want to run some carbon that will help clear water.

Ill definitely check it out, now a question about the carbon. Where can i out it in my modded aquaclear? Can i sit it on top of my chaeto? And for how long should i run the carbon? Ive heard its bad for the fish if you leave it in for too long

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's bad if you leave it in to long because it will leech out everything it takes in. You want to change it monthly. I have mine in a filter bag placed in my sump, you could place yours in the bottom under the chaeto.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
T

thekikster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh ok so it's not bad to constantly run the carbon it's just bad to leave the same bag in for too long?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

briann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iv e had my same carbon bag for the passed 3 months... better take that out ASAP!!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back