OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pederson will steal food away from hermits. A big personality.
Hahahaha this shrimp will probably be one of the first inhabitants that enter the 34g! I can't believe a 1" shrimp is going to entertain me for the whole day! Must be hilarious watching yours during feeding time!

alex.mccann99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 3 sexy shrimp that are always entertaining.

IMG_20170817_120021.jpg

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 3 sexy shrimp that are always entertaining.

IMG_20170817_120021.jpg
Agreed! I used to have a few that danced around under a hammer Coral. They were a great addition until a starry Blenny realized that they were the colorful and larger version of frozen Mysis shrimp. Definitely getting around 5 of em with a RockFlowerAnemone for the new tank.

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluestripe pipefish are the smallest pipefish species. Some vendor is selling them as captive bred I just don’t remember which. They are super cool fish!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have Pink Streaked Wrasse or Tanaka Pygmy Wrasse? Which one should look for?
Pinkstreaked, yes, Small, cryptic, looks goofy with the pronounced eyes. Likes to zip around and hunt for pods.

I have been trying for almost two years to source GBG in Canada from local and online LFS, and still the nuts. They look like the ideal nano goby, neat colouring and pattern with the personality to boot.

Dang it's smaller than the candy cane Coral. So cute! I'm going between
Gold Eviota
Some Dragonet
Green Banded Goby
Rainford Goby
Hybrid Neon Goby
For goby choices
I would not get a Rainford or Hector goby. They are hard to keep healthy, especially in a nano tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluestripe pipefish are the smallest pipefish species. Some vendor is selling them as captive bred I just don’t remember which. They are super cool fish!
I'll definitely get a pair of Blue Stripe Pipefish. I got one before but sold it to a local Reefer for a good $45 since it was already trained onto Frozen Foods. My favorite things about them is their hunting actions. They twirl around nose down to eat Mysis shrimp. Really cool fish indeed!

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinkstreaked, yes, Small, cryptic, looks goofy with the pronounced eyes. Likes to zip around and hunt for pods.

I have been trying for almost two years to source GBG in Canada from local and online LFS, and still the nuts. They look like the ideal nano goby, neat colouring and pattern with the personality to boot.

I would not get a Rainford or Hector goby. They are hard to keep healthy, especially in a nano tank.
I saw some Captive Bred (or raised?) Rainford Goby at BlueZooAquatics. They say they're on frozen foods already unless they have to have a large amount of microfauna in their diet anyways such as captive bred Harlequin Shrimps which still need constant supplies of seastars.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some Captive Bred (or raised?) Rainford Goby at BlueZooAquatics. They say they're on frozen foods already unless they have to have a large amount of microfauna in their diet anyways such as captive bred Harlequin Shrimps which still need constant supplies of seastars.
Oh, that could change things. Never seen a CB one here, only the wild. Our livestock selection up north is awful compared to you guys. Might be worth a try though, the jester I had was beautiful, while it lasted..

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, that could change things. Never seen a CB one here, only the wild. Our livestock selection up north is awful compared to you guys. Might be worth a try though, the jester I had was beautiful, while it lasted..
Saw some wild caught ones at a LFS last month and they were truly a beauty! You want these to sift your sand lol. Will you get another one?

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pom pom boxer crab. One of the coolest tiny inverts.

I absolutely love Pom Pom crabs. They're like a small cheerleader/mascot of a tank. One question about these is do Pom Poms damage Coral to replace dead Anemone? I know they split it but what if the anemone is too small to split. I also wonder if they get aggressive and eat small 1" fish.
Sharknose gobies are very cool. Plus they keep parasites down
yea they're probably one of the coolest gobies out there! I've seen videos of em cleaning some persons hand when he puts it in the tank. I have absolutely no idea what's the difference between Hybrid Neon Goby and Hybrid Sharknose Goby. They look just as cute and pack the same color and personality! Can't tell the difference.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back