Smallest Nano Inhabitants!?

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ive been considering a new tank upgrade to a Red Sea Reefer 130. My goal for this tank is to have extremely tiny inhabitants such as Helfrichi Firefish, Pygmy wrasses, eviota gobies, Pictus Blenny, Blue Coral Banded Shrimp, sexy Shrimp, Xenia swimming crab. Any suggestions for extremely small creatures will be appreciated! Thank you ahead of time!

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barnacle blennies, pike blennies, caliura dartfish, mini dartfish, plectranthias inermis.

I like the idea of Barnacle blennies. I saw some Panamic Barnacle Blennies before and they are so cute! They would dart in and out of the Barnacle to catch food. I've heard of them disappearing though but I think they should survive in a 34g with other docile fish. I might get a Dragon Face Pipefish instead of of the pikeblenny. Thank you for the reply!
Panda Goby, Flaming Prawn Goby. The Helfriechi firefish doesn't really fit the description of extremely tiny but hey whatever you want. Will be a cool tank either way.
I was thinking of flaming prawns but I'm not sure they hide a lot and rarely come out. Probably ok to be in a 34g so I don't have to search for $100 in a tank. Might think about it though.
Clown gobies, yellow and green
I was thinking of these cute fish but i don't want some SPS to be irritated and damaged by them. Might get those commensal SPS crabs.

Ryan@ShelteredReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Striped Clingfish(Diademichthys lineatus)
ef3a2961b05eed3adc020885b77f3986--underwater-animals-underwater-life.jpg

(not my photo)

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the double post but I saw some really nice fish from Quality Marine: Tryssogobius colini (Blue Eye Darts). I'm wondering if they school/shoal together. I might ask my LFS to order like 5 of em. If they're not available it's between the Red Dot Cardinals and Mini Dartfish

IMG_3674.JPG

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the double post but I saw some really nice fish from Quality Marine: Tryssogobius colini (Blue Eye Darts). I'm wondering if they school/shoal together. I might ask my LFS to order like 5 of em. If they're not available it's between the Red Dot Cardinals and Mini Dartfish

IMG_3674.JPG
They school nicely.

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Striped Clingfish(Diademichthys lineatus)
ef3a2961b05eed3adc020885b77f3986--underwater-animals-underwater-life.jpg

(not my photo)
Those are dope fish but I've seen videos of them pick on hermit crabs and shrimp for their eggs or something. That's what turned me down on getting them. I'll do more research on them as I may be wrong. Thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pederson shrimp. Tiny and beautiful.
Those little shrimp are definitely on my list! I've seen them on a YouTube by the name of Innapropriate Reefer and they have these long whiskers and are quite active for such small shrimp! Thanks for reminding me of them :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our pederson is very active. Love it!

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of flaming prawns but I'm not sure they hide a lot and rarely come out. Probably ok to be in a 34g so I don't have to search for $100 in a tank. Might think about it though.

I wouldn't bother in a 34g unless you've got money to burn. Beautiful fish, but even in my 2 gallon pico I never saw mine unless I was doing a water change, or feeding cyclopeeze.

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't bother in a 34g unless you've got money to burn. Beautiful fish, but even in my 2 gallon pico I never saw mine unless I was doing a water change, or feeding cyclopeeze.
Dang even in a 2g? Flaming Prawns are out of my list. Thank you for the info! I wouldve never knew they were that shy!

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang even in a 2g? Flaming Prawns are out of my list. Thank you for the info! I wouldve never knew they were that shy!

Yes. They just perch like many other gobies, but mine at least preferred to perch inside the tiny amount of rock work. It was a super established tank so despite being 2g there were pods for him to eat so he would remain hidden for days. As I said feeding cyclopeeze would get him out but sometimes it was just grab the food and back into the rock. Sometimes he'd rest in the front but that was very rare.

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They just perch like many other gobies, but mine at least preferred to perch inside the tiny amount of rock work. It was a super established tank so despite being 2g there were pods for him to eat so he would remain hidden for days. As I said feeding cyclopeeze would get him out but sometimes it was just grab the food and back into the rock. Sometimes he'd rest in the front but that was very rare.
Don't get me wrong it's a extremely nice fish but when your $100 makes an appearance after 3 weeks hahaha. It'll be cool to set up a 1g tank with few rocks and a harem of these. This gets me thinking how the heck do divers find flaming prawns in the ocean? Like it's hard enough in a 2g.

Back