OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw above red spot cardinals...they get big and mean. Check out Bumble Bee Shrimp, they're awesome. Pandas are cute but hard to keep. Barnacle Blennies, Gumdrop Crouchers are awesome. Pompom crabs are fun.
I thought Red dot cardinals get around 1" and often shoal when multiple is present? I have a pair of Bumble Bee Shrimps on my list already. They are so small hahaha! Pandas, clown gobies, and Coral crouchers are out of the list due to them irritating SPS Coral. Barnacle Blennies are super cool! I have a Panamic Barnacle Blenny on my list. Pom Poms are a definite addition to a nano.
If you want a fish that swims upside down, similar to the Assessor, check out the Ascension Goby Priolepis ascensionis. Super cute, also a cave dweller but much less expensive.
Wow Ascension Gobies... never heard of em before! If I see one I'll get it. Thank you for all the suggestions!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should note, my assessor lost some colouring but in that time it went through TTM and quarantine for ich, got beat on by the clowns in QT and had a few scuffles when returning to the tank.

This is what it looked like when I purchased it. The specs and smudges are on the acrylic little box, not the fish.

assessor
by Kyl, on Flickr

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should note, my assessor lost some colouring but in that time it went through TTM and quarantine for ich, got beat on by the clowns in QT and had a few scuffles when returning to the tank.

This is what it looked like when I purchased it. The specs and smudges are on the acrylic little box, not the fish.

assessor
by Kyl, on Flickr
Sorry for the loss of color for your assessor :( it looked really nice when it was bought

OP
OP
shrimped

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I've gotten numerous amazing suggestions from everyone that got the fish list looking stable and viable for a 34g! The fish list consists of:

Hybrid Neon Goby
(Elacatinus oceanops x E. figaro)

Pink Streaked Wrasse
(Pseudocheilinops ataenia)

Yellow Head Jawfish
(Opistognathus aurifrons)

x5 Blue Eye Dartfish
(Tryssogobius colini)

Pictus Blenny
(Ecsenius pictus)

Blue Stipe Pipefish Pair
(Doryrhamphus excisus)

Sunburst Anthias
(Serranocirrhitus latus)

Yasha Goby Pair
(Stonogobiops yasha)

Helfrichi Firefish
(Nemateleotris helfrichi)

(Optional): Ascension Goby or Flaming Prawn Goby

I will post a nano invert list on the gerneral invert forum. If anyone thinks of any other neat nano fish you can still post it here. Thank you for replies!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back