Smiddy's Reef 360 Peninsula

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my captials are now out of the playoffs more time to tinker.

I have one Orphex bar here and another due Monday. I am trying to come up with a way to hang these lights next to the radions, but also utilize their bracket which allows you to angle the lights. The led strip will go on both sides of the radions with MAYBE another down the middle.
Orphex 5.JPG

So this is what my first concept looks like:
Orphex 4.JPG
Orphex 3.JPG

I used PVC board to handle the saltwater air and as a strong base to mount the brackets and angle the lights.
The PVC board will then be hung in the canopy with something likes these. I wanted them to be adjustable in height.
Orphex 5 cable 2.JPG
Orphex 5 cable 1.JPG

Anyone got any other ideas based off of radion set up?
Looks like that’ll work well.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case I missed it, the 6 gen 4 aren’t enough in your opinion to cover the 38” width?

looking at something similar in size.

nice build by the way.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case I missed it, the 6 gen 4 aren’t enough in your opinion to cover the 38” width?

looking at something similar in size.

nice build by the way.

They tank is actually 48” in width which is why I have the radions turned the direction you see in the above photos.
I think they are technically enough but I have a feeling there will be some shadowing issues after the first year of sps. Also these new lights are just supplements to the radions and will only be run 4-6 hours a day.
Thank you! Good luck with your build!

mafiareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the gyre mounts you 3D printed? I love that ideal wondering if they actually work

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the gyre mounts you 3D printed? I love that ideal wondering if they actually work

To be fair there is only one 3d printed piece the rest I made out of acrylic. It works great. No issues and been running fine since set up. I plan to keep it there long term.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your gig wants to go under the rock. Too much light? Not possible...

Right I didn't think it is possible. Radions are only at 50% with diffusers . Just give it time is my thought. I will work its way to wanting more and more.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy fish tank related weekend. Installed the second orphex light bar. Installed the calcium reactor as well. Parameters are in check. SPS is on a few weeks out.
1113DEB8-3F67-4125-BECA-074A27D22A50.jpeg
1FC8746C-8C05-4A58-B136-098A5BB71E2F.jpeg
D71C6F8B-B861-4FA1-A679-77A768325408.jpeg
I know you probably haven’t turned on the co2 yet, but does that controller really say the pH is 9.2?

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you probably haven’t turned on the co2 yet, but does that controller really say the pH is 9.2?

You are correct. I have not turned any CO2 on yet. Maybe by the end of the day.

It did say that for a few minutes while all the air bubbles where stuck to the probe. It’s back down to 8.4. Which is where my tanks current ph is at.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium reactor is now full functioning. Starting off with 6.7ph and 25ml/min flow rate. Probably be a few weeks for fine tuning.
All fish in QT have completed their treatment. Should be added in the next few days! Black leopard did surprisingly well at 2.5ppm chelated

Last edited:
OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some locally donated tester sticks and some other SPS. The gorg is something I wanted to try. It is NPS. Everything is in the coral QT/frag tank, no fish allowed. Three sets of dips and observational period. Then DT.
Some of these weeks photos:
Tester SPS 1.JPG
FTS 3.JPG
FTS 4.JPG
Fish Room 35.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

NPS gorg is in the DT. 3 dips. 4 rinses. 25 full water changes.
New fish! I purchased some new QTed fish. Today I received 3 bimacs, one male and two females ( third female didn't make the trip), Convict Tang ( this fish is awesome, but long term will be the test due to its ability to hold on weight), juvy REGAL ANGEL!

All fish are in an observation tank at 1.019 sg. They where shipped in hypo as the treatment was done in hypo. Going to be raising sg for about 4 days or so as well observation. Pictures to come in the next few days. Hopefully everyone does well through the process. I am most nervous about the convict. Thinking about placing him in the fuge for a few weeks to graze all day with no distractions. Any other ideas?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back