OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya. I primarily do I for ich, plus the prazi. I’ve never heard of a case of velvet after TTM. I’ve heard of velvet presenting during TTM, which then needs to be treated with copper or chloroquine phosphate. But not after. Maybe that experiences has been posted out there and I just haven’t run into it yet.

That is totally fair. I just have physically seen velvet be dormant for TTM then outbreak after TTM. Granted this happened once and has scared me since.
You don’t want run into it ever If you can help it. After velvet you go to watch for infection for all those tiny little holes those things make. It’s not a fun experience.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is totally fair. I just have physically seen velvet be dormant for TTM then outbreak after TTM. Granted this happened once and has scared me since.
You don’t want run into it ever If you can help it. After velvet you go to watch for infection for all those tiny little holes those things make. It’s not a fun experience.
Man, that sounds horrible. If my tank got wiped out right now I would be devastated. Well if you’ve seen it happen personally that’s good enough for me. But that probably will just mean that I’ll QT afterwards without treatment for a couple weeks after TTM.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that sounds horrible. If my tank got wiped out right now I would be devastated. Well if you’ve seen it happen personally that’s good enough for me. But that probably will just mean that I’ll QT afterwards without treatment for a couple weeks after TTM.

Yeah if are patient enough to wait two weeks more. It would show signs by then. Like I said this is a rare case and you definitely do your due diligence Based off your photos. I wouldn’t change what works for you

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build and I love the tank. I'd definitely recommend a calcium reactor though, and an automatic such as the Dastaco or Aquarium Engineering. Would you mind sending me a PM with your tank quotes like you mentioned earlier in the thread? I'm pricing out close to the same dimensions.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build and I love the tank. I'd definitely recommend a calcium reactor though, and an automatic such as the Dastaco or Aquarium Engineering. Would you mind sending me a PM with your tank quotes like you mentioned earlier in the thread? I'm pricing out close to the same dimensions.
Thank you! I haven’t posted anything yet about it, but I did pick this up a few weeks ago
F92F809A-1796-4AB3-9274-40D2C29495EF.jpeg

Geo’s calcium reactor. Slowly getting the pieces. CA reactor can get very pricey and not in a rush for it so picking things up each month. I just got my CO2 tank today. 10lbs. I can send you some pricing information I have sent others.... it’s not cheap.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I haven’t posted anything yet about it, but I did pick this up a few weeks ago
F92F809A-1796-4AB3-9274-40D2C29495EF.jpeg

Geo’s calcium reactor. Slowly getting the pieces. CA reactor can get very pricey and not in a rush for it so picking things up each month. I just got my CO2 tank today. 10lbs. I can send you some pricing information I have sent others.... it’s not cheap.
Is that a 624? I’ve got a 618 I’ll start up at some point. What reg are you thinking?

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is!
I have been really debating it, but I most likely will do the carbon doser.
I was going to recommend that. I’ve other “high end” two stage regs, but nothing has been as easy as the carbon doser to control.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is time to start getting ready for the SPS journey.

CA reactor is here. CO2 tank is filled. Just need the remaining expensive components...

Also about to add at minimum two led bars. Orphex blues to be exact. One arrived yesterday. Time to figure out the mounting situation.
Oprhex 1.JPG
Oprhex 2.JPG

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is time to start getting ready for the SPS journey.

CA reactor is here. CO2 tank is filled. Just need the remaining expensive components...

Also about to add at minimum two led bars. Orphex blues to be exact. One arrived yesterday. Time to figure out the mounting situation.
Oprhex 1.JPG
Oprhex 2.JPG
Moving right along. Lights...carx...action!

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving right along. Lights...carx...action!

The new frag tank is also arriving tomorrow to replace the damaged one. They (UPS) also want to inspect the old one. So I have to take it down and replace, which is an unfortunate hassle. Also might lead to them taking the old one as well.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new frag tank is also arriving tomorrow to replace the damaged one. They (UPS) also want to inspect the old one. So I have to take it down and replace, which is an unfortunate hassle. Also might lead to them taking the old one as well.
Ah bummer! I thought you would get away with it. Let’s see what happens.

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to recommend that. I’ve other “high end” two stage regs, but nothing has been as easy as the carbon doser to control.
OH MY!!! Just saw the price tag for a carbon doser, but I'll pay up for sanity and peace of mind! haha
Thank you.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Lifereef CA reactor, got tiered of pulling it out of tigh

OH MY!!! Just saw the price tag for a carbon doser, but I'll pay up for sanity and peace of mind! haha
Thank you.
I see used ones pop up on the forum not infrequently. I’ll keep an eye out for you.

waterskiguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Carbon Doser makes calrx PH stability a breeze. The peristaltic pump makes it extremely easy to dial everything in. Both are very nice to have.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add before the SPS journey begins... I had to add something that required freedom to choose a adequate living space. Green Gigantea anemone. I have had him for almost a month. He has already made it through his power head incident stage. ( I swear happens almost every time) He is almost 100% healed up. No SPS will go on his island for atleast 4 months to ensure he is staying relatively put.
Arrival date: July 28th
Gig 1.jpeg

Initial week:
Gig 2.jpeg

End of first week: Power head incident
Gig 3.jpeg

Healing next two weeks:
Gig 4.jpeg

Gig 5.jpeg

I will get the real camera out once he is fully healed up and ready to be photo genetic

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my captials are now out of the playoffs more time to tinker.

I have one Orphex bar here and another due Monday. I am trying to come up with a way to hang these lights next to the radions, but also utilize their bracket which allows you to angle the lights. The led strip will go on both sides of the radions with MAYBE another down the middle.
Orphex 5.JPG

So this is what my first concept looks like:
Orphex 4.JPG
Orphex 3.JPG

I used PVC board to handle the saltwater air and as a strong base to mount the brackets and angle the lights.
The PVC board will then be hung in the canopy with something likes these. I wanted them to be adjustable in height.
Orphex 5 cable 2.JPG
Orphex 5 cable 1.JPG

Anyone got any other ideas based off of radion set up?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back