Smiddy's Reef 360 Peninsula

Keydiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what a beautiful build, just read it from beginning to end! Will definitely be following this as it progresses. A couple questions:

Are you running a continuous duty dosing pump on your Calcium reactor setup to control outflow? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a similar setup and that failsafe seems to be a point of contention.

Also wondering where you got the flexi-hose for your mixing station I'm running braided vinyl connected to a male nipple on mine right now, but having the shutoff valve attached to the hard plumbing instead of at the end of the line is challenging to get to sometimes, and the braided vinyl tends to kink over time.

Thanks for the fantastic build thread!

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what a beautiful build, just read it from beginning to end! Will definitely be following this as it progresses. A couple questions:

Are you running a continuous duty dosing pump on your Calcium reactor setup to control outflow? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a similar setup and that failsafe seems to be a point of contention.

Also wondering where you got the flexi-hose for your mixing station I'm running braided vinyl connected to a male nipple on mine right now, but having the shutoff valve attached to the hard plumbing instead of at the end of the line is challenging to get to sometimes, and the braided vinyl tends to kink over time.

Thanks for the fantastic build thread!
Thank you!

Yes I am. The kamoer FX-STP. I love calcium reactors and I do not think you will regret it.

I got it from amazon. It is great, just make sure to put it in a hot water bath to start to relax all natural curves it comes with.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Epic build!! How is the grye mounted to the eurobrace working out? I had a similar mounting on my peninsula a while back but hated cleaning the grye so much I eventually gave up on it. Thinking about giving it another go to increase flow across the top back to the overflow

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epic build!! How is the grye mounted to the eurobrace working out? I had a similar mounting on my peninsula a while back but hated cleaning the grye so much I eventually gave up on it. Thinking about giving it another go to increase flow across the top back to the overflow
Thank you!
It works great. Cleaning still is annoying but all pump maintenance can be annoying.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow such an impressive build! Tagging along. Curious to see how the new lights turnout.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December Photos:
Left Side FTS.JPG
Front FTS.JPG
Right Side FTS.JPG
Square Back 2.JPG

MMcKenna1029

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely epic! I just spent my evening nursing a glass of whiskey and seeing this work of art come together. Thank you for putting this out there for other reefers to aspire to!

-Matt

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely epic! I just spent my evening nursing a glass of whiskey and seeing this work of art come together. Thank you for putting this out there for other reefers to aspire to!

-Matt

Thanks Matt! Whole point of having a bar around the tank is to enjoy the tank with a whiskey

Back