OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran out of MB7, so I'm just going to use prodibio for now. I might try once a week until the cyano clears up, then go to biweekly like Andre recommends?
.02 is getting pretty low and explains the pale look your getting, so hopefully your increased feedings will help there?
That's the cool thing about frag tanks or lighting small areas, you don't need as much light as the display. My three clams in my sump are being lit by a single Kessil 160 and they look great.
Man this stuff is no joke, nitrates actual bottomed and went undetectable today.

Phosphates are holding at .02ppm. I have a filamented flasher and pintail fairy wrasse that are done with deworming and fluke treatments, I just gotta bring their SG up and they are ready for the display.

My last dose of prodibo was about a week ago, I'm starting to wonder if I should spread my doses out further than 15 days or maybe cut my brick down to 3/4 of its size. I know its rated for 100G and I'm about 80g.

Normally I'd just feed more but with the bryopsis popping up I don't think I'll go that route for now.

Reef Pets UV, Tyree pinky and the bear and RMF CandyLand look much better with nutrients in the tank. VERY pastel right now. I've dropped my light intensity by 5% to 50%. Everything else is looking great.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get a few shots to show how some pieces have paled. Well, my face is pretty pale and I about crapped my pants when I looked through my DSLR at my SCOP!
DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0065.jpg

This is a first for me. I only see it on this piece, I just got back about a week ago but I'm sure its everywhere now. I was out of Bayer so I've dipped in melafix the last 2 times I added coral. I'm assuming my dosage in the dip was too weak?

Strange that it still has polyp extension but there are several pieces throughout the tank that have paled and I wonder if this is the cause?

bah!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to get a few shots to show how some pieces have paled. Well, my face is pretty pale and I about crapped my pants when I looked through my DSLR at my SCOP!
DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0065.jpg

This is a first for me. I only see it on this piece, I just got back about a week ago but I'm sure its everywhere now. I was out of Bayer so I've dipped in melafix the last 2 times I added coral. I'm assuming my dosage in the dip was too weak?

Strange that it still has polyp extension but there are several pieces throughout the tank that have paled and I wonder if this is the cause?

bah!
Oh man, that sucks! Yeah, those bricks can really suck up the nitrates fast. I used siporax in my 22g and I had to remove them not too long after. Make up some sodium nitrate and dose .5ppm every night after lights go out. I'm actually dosing 1ppm nightly and it gets used up quickly. You can also dose a little phosphate as well, but just enough to give you a little bump.
Filamented flashers are great, have one myself. I miss my pintail though, spinal injuries suck. Be careful if you dose nitrates, it may bring your phosphates down more, so I would probably bump them up together if you can?
If you haven't used this calculator, give it a try, it's very helpful at figuring out the right amount to dose and create a solution.
James' dosing calculator

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those flatworms?! I wish you the best of luck with their removal. I hope the infestation isn't too bad.
No and I’m very thankful for that! I had a heck of a battle a few years back with AEFW. I basically broke down and set up a frag tank and dipped religiously over and over until no signs were left. It ended up in an upgrade so it wasnt all bad :)

these appear to be red bugs. Sounds much easier to deal with IF I can get a vet to prescribe me interceptor. It’s just tricky because it’s not common. Chewy has it but then you still need the prescription. So. Need to find a vet willing to subscribe it for me to buy from not them. Could prove to be a challenge. If I get the subscription I’ll be sure to have a recorded breaking 250lb Labrador so I’ll have some on hand for the local community lo

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with obtaining the meds, I'm sure your corals will appreciate them! I hope you can kill them off easily.
Where there's a will there's a way. I'm sure I'll find some somehow....someday :)
I found some about 5 years ago, but I forget where I got it? I'll see if it's in my apex notes? I write all of this stuff down, so I know it's somewhere.
That'd be great. Another local forum member said he had to order it from Australia and it took a long time. For now, anything I can pull that I spot with it, or shows paling or signs of stress I'll be dipping and crossing my fingers.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interceptor was a success! Sticks are looking happy and I'm relieved to not see those little buggers anywhere.

I found a setting for all blues with a gel filter, I didn't have to touch these at all!

This Malaysian piece is saaaweet. That branch's polyps fell right in line
DSC_0086.jpg

Hugo's Rainbow Stag is thinking about shooting up:
DSC_0091-2.jpg

The reefer I bought my Jolt form was nice enough to throw me a small encrustment of TGC Creamsicle and it's starting to settle in:
DSC_0093.jpg

CB Maleficent looks completely different in this tank. It's growth has picked up very well:
DSC_0098.jpg

Let the battles begin. These were ecrusted on the rock but that gap dissapeared quick! Bubble Gum Digitata Vs. Tropic Thunder Monitpora
DSC_0131.jpg

I just love this wierdo, its gonna be cool with that tropic thunder background later on
DSC_0138-2.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

The "sunny side" of the millepora I posted a few back.
DSC_0134.jpg

TGC Cherry Bomb tenuis
DSC_0097.jpg

My TCK order shows up tomorrow. Cannot wait to check out the goodies I scored, woot! Got those bugs knocked back just in time hahaha

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interceptor was a success! Sticks are looking happy and I'm relieved to not see those little buggers anywhere.

I found a setting for all blues with a gel filter, I didn't have to touch these at all!

This Malaysian piece is saaaweet. That branch's polyps fell right in line
DSC_0086.jpg

Hugo's Rainbow Stag is thinking about shooting up:
DSC_0091-2.jpg

The reefer I bought my Jolt form was nice enough to throw me a small encrustment of TGC Creamsicle and it's starting to settle in:
DSC_0093.jpg

CB Maleficent looks completely different in this tank. It's growth has picked up very well:
DSC_0098.jpg

Let the battles begin. These were ecrusted on the rock but that gap dissapeared quick! Bubble Gum Digitata Vs. Tropic Thunder Monitpora
DSC_0131.jpg

I just love this wierdo, its gonna be cool with that tropic thunder background later on
DSC_0138-2.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

The "sunny side" of the millepora I posted a few back.
DSC_0134.jpg

TGC Cherry Bomb tenuis
DSC_0097.jpg

My TCK order shows up tomorrow. Cannot wait to check out the goodies I scored, woot! Got those bugs knocked back just in time hahaha
Looking sweet! Agree, that Malaysian piece is very cool. I dig the weirdo too.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy with my order from TCK. Corals were represented very well, packaging was top notch! All the way from NY to CA and still have color, props to them. I also inquired about water parameters ect and they promptly got back to me with existing conditions and placement tips.

Here are the new additions from the TCK livesale:

RRC Hellfire Enchinata
DSC_0140.jpg

BK Chem creme de la creme. I heard this one can be a little challenging so fingers crossed
DSC_0156-2.jpg

TCK DragonFire - I'm a sucker for smoothies and look forward to this one growing out
DSC_0151.jpg

TCK SuperSonic - Normally I won't buy tenuis unless it's in person or a piece thats known to be a stunner. I haven't heard much about this one but so glad I pulled the trigger as it's different from all the others I have in the tank. Nice blue body and cool coralite/polyp coloration. This sucker was glowing blue purple in the sunlight when I was checking for life on arrival.
DSC_0166.jpg

The coral fund is officially tapped for now (if not over drawn lol). It's time to maintain, growout and enjoy.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very happy with my order from TCK. Corals were represented very well, packaging was top notch! All the way from NY to CA and still have color, props to them. I also inquired about water parameters ect and they promptly got back to me with existing conditions and placement tips.

Here are the new additions from the TCK livesale:

RRC Hellfire Enchinata
DSC_0140.jpg

BK Chem creme de la creme. I heard this one can be a little challenging so fingers crossed
DSC_0156-2.jpg

TCK DragonFire - I'm a sucker for smoothies and look forward to this one growing out
DSC_0151.jpg

TCK SuperSonic - Normally I won't buy tenuis unless it's in person or a piece thats known to be a stunner. I haven't heard much about this one but so glad I pulled the trigger as it's different from all the others I have in the tank. Nice blue body and cool coralite/polyp coloration. This sucker was glowing blue purple in the sunlight when I was checking for life on arrival.
DSC_0166.jpg

The coral fund is officially tapped for now (if not over drawn lol). It's time to maintain, growout and enjoy.
That's a nice pack! That's a pretty long haul, glad they made the trip.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a quick video of my fish. I had to pull my white tail bristletooth due to aggression. I’ve currently added a lawnmower and red head goby to my QT.

Wrasse:
Blue star leopard
Moyeri leopard
Splendid/pintail fairy wrasse
Filamented flasher wrasse
Cleaner wrasse

1/4 group of sunset anthias

bangaii cardinalfish

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! If I didn't already have a yellow tang, I would probably take the white tail. I can't believe no one picked it up yet? Pintail looks great, love their colors. How many filaments are on the flasher? I think it might be a carpenters or McCoskers? Great colors, especially when they put on a show.

Back