SmyrnaReefers 180 Build Thread

Don't fill it all the way. Gotta leave some room for the water to rise when you jump in for a bath! Glad it's wet. How long until you plug the pump in for the first time?
 
i turned the pump on yesterday to empty what water i had made into the sump to transfer up into the tank. now im refilling the sump again. it did fairly well over night making water
 
Gotta add a new breaker to the eletrical panel just to dedicate to my pump (8.6 amps) guess ill be doing that tonight, blah :squigglemouth:.

also need to add ball valves to the drain at the tank to get better control of the drain.
 
Your tank is coming along nicely! Think it's gonna look supreme when finished.

Thanks...


Just added new breaker and plug/switch for the pump. I added the switch so i could just turn the pump off with out unplugging it sinced i plan to secure the wire to the wall to keep it out of the way...
02330587-7542-41D6-A241-69DDC85DD86A-1350-0000008EA0BA2CFD.jpg


Tomorrow/sunday i plan to add the exhaust fan to the room.
 
Last edited:
the siphon break on the elbow for the return is a little noisy as the water that squirts out of it splashes. it on the inside part of the 90 before loc-line. any ideas on how to quite that up. saw somewhere to shove filter floss in the hole.... ideas?
 
Is there any way you can turn it down? Not the flow, but turn the actual hole so its not splashing? Or you could plug it and put it on your first piece of loc-line... I think I had my 45 like that.

Brandon
 
i plugged it last night and will try and adjust this morning. will try to keep the locline close to the op of water line for test before i drill into it...
 
Got the exhaust 80% done this morning. need to put the cover on and make a more permanent wiring solution but that will come later..

B6F822CA-6FD6-48BA-B039-B98571498211-780-0000004B251F0949.jpg


7D94AFAA-60AA-4081-82CE-FD213FD88C63-780-0000004AEFA83AB4.jpg
 
the siphon break on the elbow for the return is a little noisy as the water that squirts out of it splashes. it on the inside part of the 90 before loc-line. any ideas on how to quite that up. saw somewhere to shove filter floss in the hole.... ideas?

Put a piece of air tube in the hole and direct it closer to water so no splash but will still syphon break

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2
 
I just read all eight pages of your thread and I must say IMPRESSIVE! You do excellant work. I am in the process on my DIY stand build and that seems like enough of a project, but yet you built an entire room, aquariam stand, end stands, plumbing, electrical, exhaust ,ect in less then a month. You rock!!
 
Thx for the compliments... However, I must let you in on a secret. Build thread was started within the last month... I've been working on it for several months now :xd:
 
darn pump is too big. reeflo is sending me a new impellor (level 2 from level 5) so hopefully that will help with all my issues with flow and overflows...

also need to start thinking about what im going to do for lights... thinking about retroing the current fixture i have on the tank now into a T5/LED light....
 
There's a thread in the large tanks forum where the guy combined the TaoTronics Bridgelux / Budget LEDs with T5s and is getting some very, very nice results. Just a thought. :) I'll see if I can dig up a link when I have more time.

Brandon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new