Snail ID , baby bumblebee?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DHill6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DHill6

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
2,817
Reaction score
1,696
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just found this guy in the sock.The striping isn’t like a bumblebee. Shape isn’t exactly like one either. It doesn’t let me change the title either. I don’t think it’s a bumble.
IMG_5866.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
TBS live rock. As of now he’s in a bowl until ID.
 
While it looks like a bumblebee to my untrained eyes, perhaps a small nassarius or little nerite snail?
 
It was a heavy textured shell with stripes, long snout and I thought I also saw the eyes on two other smaller things that stuck out from the body. Not like any of my bumblebee snails. I also have 3 cerinths but not like those either. Define not my trochius, when in doubt take it out.
 
Something from the Nassariidae family, which includes both whelks and nassarius. I think this is likely a whelk. Couldn't be a bumblebee snail since those are endemic to the North Pacific.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new