Snail on clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neilie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Neilie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
93
Reaction score
106
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently added a blue maxima clam. So far looks good. Yesterday I saw 3 tiny little dark spots that I picked off, they look like snails when I magnify the photo. Very tiny 1/4 the size of a grain of rice. I’ll try to post pictures, any input would be great thanks.

5C102027-A110-4E55-8E29-6136D312F66E.jpeg 57273871-1D0C-4FAB-A0B1-BD09C0999135.jpeg
 
Pics very fuzzy to tell what it is. Regardless, remove from clam
Hopefully it’s not pyramid snails which will literally kill the snail

pyramid:

1618509254915.jpeg

1618509301231.jpeg
 
Pics very fuzzy to tell what it is. Regardless, remove from clam
Hopefully it’s not pyramid snails which will literally kill the snail

pyramid:

1618509254915.jpeg

1618509301231.jpeg
Don’t look like a pyramid looks more like a tiny turbo snail,
BB2908AB-CAB1-489F-BC33-85E941A1D6DE.jpeg
A5360B16-965C-48B0-B63D-2494462FC31B.jpeg
6AA9B949-9DAF-40EC-8B8C-034A25F34406.jpeg
I’ll try to send a better picture.
 
They are great grazings snails that will add to the diversity of the tank. Good food for some larger wrasses.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new