So Doc... Is it Dino?

PbMan26

Reefer
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2017
Messages
71
Reaction score
88
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank has got the ugly going on... Nitrates and Phosphates are at zero. So I assumed the worst and pulled a sample and checked under the scope... Does this look like dinoflagellates??? It looks like it to me.

Thanks in advance! 0001.jpg 20220616_214844.jpg 20220616_214851.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 220616214712.mp4
    4.5 MB
Yes and to treat:
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15% IF you have light dependant corals) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7 or XLM) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly
 
Thank you! No corals in this tank yet luckily. I appreciate the plan as well. I had a similar plan laid out less the hydrogen peroxide.
 
So the tank has got the ugly going on... Nitrates and Phosphates are at zero. So I assumed the worst and pulled a sample and checked under the scope... Does this look like dinoflagellates??? It looks like it to me.

Thanks in advance! 0001.jpg 20220616_214844.jpg 20220616_214851.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new