So Frustrating - Feeding Goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a captive bred goby from my LFS who has been feeding them pellets only, so I figured I'd pick one up and as well a jar of the pellets to go along with it.

5 days has passed and I've been hoping it'll grab some of the pellets as they sink, but it won't leave very far from it's hiding spot - this is my first goby and so I'm assuming given what I'm experiencing, these type of fish don't go chasing after pellets/food, but instead expect it to be in front of them?
 
they will more actively search for food when they are hungry. I wouldn't sweat it, 5 days is still a new environment for him. Resist the urge to overfeed as pellets are quite nutrient dense and can easily foul your water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new